How To Make A Truck/tractor

Decorating By jowhip Updated 4 Feb 2007 , 12:26am by Doug

jowhip Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jowhip Posted 3 Feb 2007 , 5:48am
post #1 of 3

Doug, if you see this I am so sorry I didn't do this sooner. I apologize and feel really bad, I just saw your comment on my photo for a forum on how to do trucks/tractors.

I bake 2 cakes make sure they are firm I use a homemade chocolate, in a loaf pan. 1 I place on a board the second I cut and shave until I have the right size and angels for the 1st and place on top. then decorate for desired effect. I bake 1 large rectangle cake to set the scene for the truck/tractor

The wooden dowels that I place the board on are cut to desired height and iced the same color as the base cake, so as they blend as much as possible, I think I am going to try a clear acrylic dowel next time. Make sure that when you place them on the base cake that they are going to sit just right under the board to be hidden by the tires.

I used regular donuts the 1st time and melted icing and poured over the donuts, the second time (tractor) I used crueller donuts both large and small dipped in chocolate that I tinted black I put wooden skewers through center and hung donut over a large cup to dry. Place on cake to hide dowels (make sure that they are also in the correct position for the truck/tractor).

I hope this helps anyone desiring to try a truck/tractor cake, they are fairly simple.

Doug, again I am so sorry for the delay in posting this.
Jolene

2 replies
springlakecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
springlakecake Posted 3 Feb 2007 , 11:57am
post #2 of 3

thanks! your tractor is adorable!

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 4 Feb 2007 , 12:26am
post #3 of 3

oh...that's ok...better late than never (have to say that....it's saved my one rear end sooooooo many times)

and thanks again for helping us all make better trucks and tractors.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%