Cream Cheese Frosting

Decorating By TinasTasties Updated 10 Mar 2005 , 2:57am by TinasTasties

TinasTasties Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TinasTasties Posted 9 Mar 2005 , 9:43pm
post #1 of 7

Has anyone ever tried decorating with cream cheese frosting? Did it work? Did you alter a recipe to make it work? I'd appreciate any tips on this. I have a wedding cake to do and the bride wants carrot cake, so I'm assuming she wants cream cheese frosting on it! Thanks so much!

6 replies
jscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jscakes Posted 9 Mar 2005 , 9:53pm
post #2 of 7

I did a 2 tiered carrot cake for an anniversary, but with BC icing with almond flavoring and used the cream cheese icing for the filling...the flavor combination was great together. Sorry, I haven't completely iced in cream cheese.

TinasTasties Posted 9 Mar 2005 , 10:25pm
post #3 of 7

That's a great idea! I'll have to mention that idea to her. Thanks so much for the response!

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 9 Mar 2005 , 11:29pm
post #4 of 7

Hey Tina,

Feels weird writing hey Tina (my name is Tina too) it's like writing to myself icon_lol.gif .

About the cream cheese icing... I'm not an expert or anything but I'd rather add cream cheese to my BC icing. Cream cheese & butter is too soft & it melts quickly. It could be from living in Louisiana. I love doing basketweave so I did alot of cakes with it. I have a blue cake posted in cakecentral it's just creamcheese icing. It was too thin. Next time I will use BC icing & add cream cheese. It tastes soooooooooo good!!! I can't resist eating eat as I'm decorating! I think the recipe is on cakecentral. If it isn't just email me & I'll give it to you~ ~Tina~ icon_smile.gif

briansbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
briansbaker Posted 9 Mar 2005 , 11:34pm
post #5 of 7

Is there any possible way to get a stabilized white cream cheese frosting? icon_confused.gif I plan on making a cake for a Sweet Sixteen in april.. I thought of doing bc icing because 1. it can be done bright white
2. I can make it thick or thin and 3. I have never practice decorating with any other icing. I've made some cream cheese icing from scratch for carrot cakes and it looks good (ivory icing)for a carrot cake, but never used it for decorating.. My niece just decided to tell me that she would really like cream cheese frosting for her Sweet Sixteen cake.. (sigh) icon_eek.gif
HELP!! I have tried to look at recipes here, but everytime I click a letter other than A some how I end up at the letter A out of know where.. Drives me crazy! CREAM CHEESE ICING DOES NOT START WITH AN A!!!!!!!!!! icon_cry.gif
Thanks in advance!

nashsmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nashsmom Posted 10 Mar 2005 , 12:23am
post #6 of 7

Briansbaker, if you click on the recipes tab, then click on search, type in cream cheese frosting and they should all come up for you. I usually frost the cake in cream cheese frosting, then decorate in buttercream. I haven't found a cream cheese frosting recipe that will hold up to decorating either. It is too soft to do much with.

TinasTasties Posted 10 Mar 2005 , 2:57am
post #7 of 7

Thanks for all of your ideas!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%