Filled & Crumb Coated....how To Store??

Decorating By sugartopped Updated 13 Oct 2005 , 2:43am by sugartopped

sugartopped Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugartopped Posted 13 Oct 2005 , 2:27am
post #1 of 4

Ok, I have all the cakes for my wedding on friday...filled and a crumb coat on, plus another bday cake for the same day. What is the best way to store them?? In the fridge?? Only two of them need to be in the fridge b/c of the filling. I don't want my cakes to dry out b/c I won't be able to finish the icing until tom. night after work. Will they be ok stored in a cake box on my counter??

3 replies
Keliames Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Keliames Posted 13 Oct 2005 , 2:35am
post #2 of 4

I store my crumb coated cakes in the fridge. The icing keeps it from drying out, and I prefer to ice on a cold firm cake. Hope this helps. Keli

traci Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
traci Posted 13 Oct 2005 , 2:36am
post #3 of 4

For the ones that the filling is not an issue...I would store in a cake box and then wrap with a clean unscented garbage bag. For the ones with the fillings...if they do not have icing on them then I would box them and wrap and put in the icebox. If they have a good coat of icing they do not need to be boxed when put in the ice box. I put decorated cakes in the icebox all the time and have never had a problem with them drying out. I think you are in good shape! Good luck with the wedding cake! icon_smile.gif
traci

sugartopped Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugartopped Posted 13 Oct 2005 , 2:43am
post #4 of 4

Thanks for the quick replys! I'm freaking out b/c this is my first wedding cake!! I'm so freakin' nervous....and the thing is still two days away. Can't imagine how I will be on friday!!

wonder how everyone else handled their first wedding w/o having a nervous breakdown!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%