Graduation Cake - 007 Theme

Decorating By njcake Updated 2 Feb 2007 , 4:43am by mendhigurl

njcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
njcake Posted 2 Feb 2007 , 12:00am
post #1 of 3

Hi,

I am pretty new to the site and cake decorating. I have done a few birthday cakes for my kids and our neighbors and one of them has asked me to do a graduation cake for her son. Since it is 2007, the theme of their class is "007". I need some ideas!! I was thinking of cutting the cake in the shape of the numbers but that doesn't seem very original. Any creative minds out there feel free to help!!
Thanks!

2 replies
gmcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gmcakes Posted 2 Feb 2007 , 4:38am
post #2 of 3

I just love the opening animations of the 007 movies, usually has a black silhouette figure of James Bond holding a gun, making all kings of dramatic moves, against a colored graphic background.

But...what if you did a black silhouette figure of a Graduate holding out a diploma instead of the gun and the background "graphic could be done in the school colors? You could write on it "Class of...'007: Live and Let Graduate" (or make up another "Bond-ish" title...Moonraker=Graduater...Die Another Day=College Another Day...be creative!)

Seems like such a great theme, I can't wait to see what some of the other CC'ers think of!

mendhigurl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mendhigurl Posted 2 Feb 2007 , 4:43am
post #3 of 3

The first thing I thought of was playing around with the logo and keeping the 007 in the background and then putting 'Class of' on top. Then maybe you could play around with the gun and make it a diploma or something.

http://www.geocities.com/jpeirceb/Logo.jpg

Hope that helps.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%