Please Help Me

Decorating By Annalisa Updated 17 Mar 2005 , 5:44pm by flayvurdfun

Annalisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annalisa Posted 8 Mar 2005 , 10:10pm
post #1 of 13

I have put together my cake (one stacked on top of the other, the base is a square share and the one on top of it is a square as well but I turned it around so it looks like a diamond shape) my problem is that the back of the top of the cake over hangs the bottom, I used the wrong baking pan. I don't have time to bake another cake. Does any one have any idease of how to maybe camoflouge the problem. The front vie of the cake looks great but the side view looks like a disaster.

I would appreciate any advice.

Anna

12 replies
briansbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
briansbaker Posted 8 Mar 2005 , 10:20pm
post #2 of 13

Have you already iced it? I would think was just to cut the back at a smaller angle. If you already iced it with just basic icing and no decoration I don't see why you can't cut it off anyway and re-ice it.. Hope this helps!!

Annalisa Posted 9 Mar 2005 , 12:29am
post #3 of 13

Yes I have already iced the cake. The cake is fruit cake and has already been double iced. The cake is needed for an engagement this Saturday. I am thinking of just maybe cutting the end that sticks out (the point) and maybe then re-icing that section and covering it up with flowers etc.,

Do you think this sounds ok

Anna

MrsMissey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMissey Posted 9 Mar 2005 , 12:49am
post #4 of 13

Instead of messing with the top layer, how about just adding an extra layer of icing around the sides of the bottom cake?

Annalisa Posted 9 Mar 2005 , 1:04am
post #5 of 13

That sounds like a great idea, I think thats the way I will go.

Thank you
So much

flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 15 Mar 2005 , 3:08pm
post #6 of 13

so what did you do??? icon_surprised.gif did it look ok????? icon_eek.gif details details!!!! icon_twisted.gif

Annalisa Posted 16 Mar 2005 , 5:21am
post #7 of 13

I just couldn't get the nerve up to do anything more to it because I was scared that it might make it worse. I just decorated it with lots of flowers and hid it very well. Everyone thought it looked amazing and they didn't pick up the mistake, I made sure it was facing my cousin when she cut it. I did take pictures and will post them.

Thanks for all you help

Annalisa Posted 16 Mar 2005 , 5:28am
post #8 of 13

PS

I forgot to mention at the engagement party, I was asked to do three wedding cakes and a christening cake, so that cake mustn't have been too bad.

MrsMissey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMissey Posted 16 Mar 2005 , 2:03pm
post #9 of 13

Wow, that's great. They must have been impressed with your work!

Annalisa Posted 16 Mar 2005 , 10:26pm
post #10 of 13

Yeh I think they liked it a lot, once I get a photo I will post the same

GHOST_USER_NAME Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GHOST_USER_NAME Posted 16 Mar 2005 , 11:54pm
post #11 of 13

Isn't it amazing how the cakes WE think are disasters turn out to be raves? People just don't notice the things that we think are awful mistakes.

And you got orders based on your "disaster"--Congrats!

Annalisa Posted 17 Mar 2005 , 12:22am
post #12 of 13

Thanks very much. I know what you mean I think we just get so stressed out that we go into panic mode.

flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 17 Mar 2005 , 5:44pm
post #13 of 13

stressed? icon_eek.gif panicikied? icon_eek.gif whats that? icon_confused.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif I was the one who invented stress and panic!!!!!! icon_rolleyes.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%