Pics!!!! Cookies W/choc. Modeling Clay!

Baking By katy625 Updated 2 Feb 2007 , 6:00pm by nefgaby

brilandken Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brilandken Posted 1 Feb 2007 , 2:18pm
post #31 of 55

katy625, I love your cookies. I am a big fan of modeling chocolate. It works great for tires and windows. I have never used white chocolate, but now I think I might have to try.

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 1 Feb 2007 , 2:22pm
post #32 of 55

Has anyone ever used modeling chocolate to cover a cake? If so how hard is it to work with? Thanks!

katy625 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katy625 Posted 1 Feb 2007 , 2:43pm
post #33 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggy2

Has anyone ever used modeling chocolate to cover a cake? If so how hard is it to work with? Thanks!

Here is a pic of the cake I covered on Sunday and the roses and beads are also white and semisweet chocolate. I am making my brothers wedding cake with white chocolate. Also if you look in the round wedding cake gallery user Steady2Hands made a GOREGEOUS wedding cake that is totally covered in white chocolate!! It is just amazing!
LL

SweetResults Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetResults Posted 1 Feb 2007 , 2:58pm
post #34 of 55

Light Karo Syrup is just light Corn Syurp - Karo is the brand name. icon_smile.gif

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 1 Feb 2007 , 3:11pm
post #35 of 55

katy625 how many batches would it take to cover to 8" layers?

katy625 Posted 1 Feb 2007 , 4:44pm
post #36 of 55
Quote:

katy625 how many batches would it take to cover to 8" layers?

Well, I only needed one batch (10oz choc. and 1/3 cup karo syrup) for this 6" cake so to be safe if you are doing a layered 8" cake i would make 3 batches just be safe. You will have leftovers for sure but you would rather have too much than not enough.

bejewelled Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bejewelled Posted 1 Feb 2007 , 6:09pm
post #37 of 55

thanks for that, I have seen corn syrup for sale, is there much of a difference between corn syrup and light con syrup?. Thanks for helping me.

JaneK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaneK Posted 1 Feb 2007 , 6:14pm
post #38 of 55

Katy625, I just love your beautiful cookies! What an awesome job!

thumbs_up.gif

Jane

Naty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Naty Posted 1 Feb 2007 , 6:20pm
post #39 of 55

Please don't mind my ignorance, but are these made with like candy clay? I just bought 5 lbs. of white chocolate chips to make candy boxes for my daughter's 1st communion. I think I'll have left over chocolate and this would be a great place to use it. I have seen cookies with a layer of fondant on top....is this the same effect? I do have questions....

1) I will be making cookies in the shape of crosses using a cross cookie cutter. Do I cut out the candy clay with the same cookie cutter? I want it to be the same size as the cookie.

2) How thick do I roll this out?

3) I have BC in my freezer...... icon_rolleyes.gif can I unfreeze it and use that to glue on the candy clay?

4) Can I decorate the top of the cookies with royal icing?

5) How long do these keep? Can I freeze them? or how far in advance can I make them and keep them at room temp.?

Thanks,

Naty

Naty Posted 1 Feb 2007 , 6:23pm
post #40 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by katy625

Quote:

Here is a pic of the cake I covered on Sunday and the roses and beads are also white and semisweet chocolate. I am making my brothers wedding cake with white chocolate. Also if you look in the round wedding cake gallery user Steady2Hands made a GOREGEOUS wedding cake that is totally covered in white chocolate!! It is just amazing!

This cake is gorgeous!!!! How hard is it to work with as oposed to fondant? Do you refrigerate it b/c its chocolate? This must taste way better than fondant though icon_biggrin.gif

Thanks,
Naty

katy625 Posted 1 Feb 2007 , 8:38pm
post #41 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naty

Please don't mind my ignorance, but are these made with like candy clay? I just bought 5 lbs. of white chocolate chips to make candy boxes for my daughter's 1st communion. I think I'll have left over chocolate and this would be a great place to use it. I have seen cookies with a layer of fondant on top....is this the same effect? I do have questions....

1) I will be making cookies in the shape of crosses using a cross cookie cutter. Do I cut out the candy clay with the same cookie cutter? I want it to be the same size as the cookie.

Yes, use the same cookie cutter so it will fit perfectly.

supposed to be about 1/4 to 1/8 inch thickness

3) I have BC in my freezer...... icon_rolleyes.gif can I unfreeze it and use that to glue on the candy clay?

YEP!

Im not sure.....you can try on one and see how it works

5) How long do these keep? Can I freeze them? or how far in advance can I make them and keep them at room temp.?

I've had mine out for 3 days now and they are still good.
With the chocolate that you don't use roll into ball and put into airtight container and keep in your pantry. I've had mine in there since Sunday. i will have to find out how long it keeps. Im not quite sure. I also am unsure about freezing them.

THIS IS THE WEBSITE THAT I USED WHEN MAKING THIS! You can always email Peggy the owner of the site! She is very sweet!!! This tastes much better than fondant! Remember when it sets and you are ready to roll it, it will take a little man power but once your hands warm it up it will be fine THEN add a little crisco in the ball and that will make and keep it elastic. Also, remember when adding clay ontop of clay you use melted chocolate for the glue. BC will hold the first layer of chocolate on the cookie.

http://whatscookingamerica.net/Candy/ChocolateRoses.htm

Thanks,

Naty

katy625 Posted 1 Feb 2007 , 8:44pm
post #42 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by bejewelled

thanks for that, I have seen corn syrup for sale, is there much of a difference between corn syrup and light con syrup?. Thanks for helping me.

Im just not sure...I would just look closely at the bottles of syrup to see on the front if it says light corn syrup. I got mine at Walmart if you have one around.

bejewelled Posted 1 Feb 2007 , 8:47pm
post #43 of 55

Hi Katy 625 thanks, in NZ we don't have Walmart and corn syrup is not regulalry used for things here. The corn syrup I have is so thick you could stand a spoon up in itand it would not fall over. I'm assuming light corn syrup is runnier perhaps?

katy625 Posted 1 Feb 2007 , 8:52pm
post #44 of 55
Quote:

Hi Katy 625 thanks, in NZ we don't have Walmart and corn syrup is not regulalry used for things here. The corn syrup I have is so thick you could stand a spoon up in itand it would not fall over. I'm assuming light corn syrup is runnier perhaps?

DUR!!! Im sorry!! I forgot on your post that you live out of the States. Yes the light is runnier and I believe of lighter color too...almost clear. I wonder if you talked to the store in your area they might be able to tell you where to get it.

katy625 Posted 1 Feb 2007 , 8:53pm
post #45 of 55
Quote:

DUR!!! Im sorry!! I forgot on your post that you live out of the States. I believe it just has to do with the color. At least that is what the Karo Syrup website says. The thickness is probably the same. Light corn syrup is almost clear. If you have the dark kind it would probably just destort the color. I wonder if you talked to the store in your area they might be able to tell you where to get it.

katy625 Posted 1 Feb 2007 , 8:54pm
post #46 of 55
Quote:

DUR!!! Im sorry!! I forgot on your post that you live out of the States. I believe it just has to do with the color. At least that is what the Karo Syrup website says. The thickness is probably the same. Light corn syrup is almost clear. If you have the dark kind it would probably just destort the color. I wonder if you talked to the store in your area they might be able to tell you where to get it. Here is the web page that has the question and answer about light cornsyrup. Its like in the middle of the page.

http://www.karosyrup.com/faq.asp

bejewelled Posted 1 Feb 2007 , 8:57pm
post #47 of 55

Thanks I'll track some down. I've written down the quantities required for the recipe and will give it a go. Just have to find some light corn syrup. I don't believe I've ever seen it here (and believe me I've looked at any shop that should have it). I'll get some one to send me a pot from the USA - when I put in my other rquests for things I can't get here.

bejewelled Posted 1 Feb 2007 , 9:08pm
post #48 of 55

Hey thanks so mucch for helping me, what you tell me 5 minutes, would takes me ages to work out!!. Cake Central is a wonderful thing!!

katy625 Posted 1 Feb 2007 , 9:13pm
post #49 of 55
Quote:

Hey thanks so mucch for helping me, what you tell me 5 minutes, would takes me ages to work out!!. Cake Central is a wonderful thing!!

Your welcome! If you have any more questions feel free to ask! You can always pm me! If I don't know the answer im sure I can find it!

bejewelled Posted 1 Feb 2007 , 9:23pm
post #50 of 55

thanks katy625 - I'll do that. I've just looked at the KAro site and they have a facility to email pics of their products. I've just emailed my big brother in Michigan and asked him to get me a bottle, he's coming home next Friday, so should have time to grab me one before he comes

katy625 Posted 1 Feb 2007 , 9:54pm
post #51 of 55
Quote:

thanks katy625 - I'll do that. I've just looked at the KAro site and they have a facility to email pics of their products. I've just emailed my big brother in Michigan and asked him to get me a bottle, he's coming home next Friday, so should have time to grab me one before he comes

Good! He has great timing!

Naty Posted 2 Feb 2007 , 1:23am
post #52 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by katy625

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naty

Yes, use the same cookie cutter so it will fit perfectly.

supposed to be about 1/4 to 1/8 inch thickness

YEP!

Im not sure.....you can try on one and see how it works

I've had mine out for 3 days now and they are still good.
With the chocolate that you don't use roll into ball and put into airtight container and keep in your pantry. I've had mine in there since Sunday. i will have to find out how long it keeps. Im not quite sure. I also am unsure about freezing them.

THIS IS THE WEBSITE THAT I USED WHEN MAKING THIS! You can always email Peggy the owner of the site! She is very sweet!!! This tastes much better than fondant! Remember when it sets and you are ready to roll it, it will take a little man power but once your hands warm it up it will be fine THEN add a little crisco in the ball and that will make and keep it elastic. Also, remember when adding clay ontop of clay you use melted chocolate for the glue. BC will hold the first layer of chocolate on the cookie.

http://whatscookingamerica.net/Candy/ChocolateRoses.htm

Thanks,

Naty

Katy626, thank you so much for answering me. I really appreciate it!! I will look into the website you gave me...thanks again!

Naty

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 2 Feb 2007 , 1:41am
post #53 of 55

Do you know how the chocolate holds up packaged in bags??? This might work for the cookies I'm making for my sister's wedding in July.

Your cookies look great by the way!! thumbs_up.gif

Thanks!

soccermom17 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
soccermom17 Posted 2 Feb 2007 , 1:55am
post #54 of 55

Your cookies look really yummy and beautiful!
I've been wanting to experiment with the choc. clay myself. Cookies seem to be a great seller for me, so I just might have to make a batch!

nefgaby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nefgaby Posted 2 Feb 2007 , 6:00pm
post #55 of 55
Quote:

Hi thre
I'm not from the USA, can someone tell me what "Light Karo Syrup " is

Karo is a name brand for Corn Syrup. They have light and dark in color. HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%