Need Wiggles Cake Ideas Please

Decorating By Joshsmom Updated 12 Nov 2008 , 11:54pm by cakebaker1978

Joshsmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Joshsmom Posted 8 Mar 2005 , 1:25am
post #1 of 10

A friend of mine has asked me to start thinking about her sons birthday in August and she would like a Wiggles themed cake.

All I can think of right now is doing a buttercream transfer? My son has lots of wiggle books so I'm sure I can find something there.
Any other ideas to get me going?

Thanks

9 replies
Ladycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ladycake Posted 8 Mar 2005 , 1:39am
post #2 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshsmom

A friend of mine has asked me to start thinking about her sons birthday in August and she would like a Wiggles themed cake.

All I can think of right now is doing a buttercream transfer? My son has lots of wiggle books so I'm sure I can find something there.
Any other ideas to get me going?

Thanks

How about a chocolate transfer??

m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Posted 9 Mar 2005 , 2:26pm
post #3 of 10
Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 9 Mar 2005 , 2:32pm
post #4 of 10

Here's another one that uses twinkies to make the wiggles. Too cute! I bet they were yummy!

http://www.cs.duke.edu/~rodger/baking/bigredcarplan.html

Mchelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mchelle Posted 9 Mar 2005 , 3:18pm
post #5 of 10

What is the diffence between btc and chocolate transfer. Is one better? I have done the btc and i like it. I'm going to try it with cali4dawn's recipe glaze.

sorry no ides for the wiggles.

m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Posted 9 Mar 2005 , 3:24pm
post #6 of 10

Chocolate transfer can be achieved with candy melts or colored white chocolates- I believe.
But you have to use coloring specifically designed for candies since they are not water based.

momsandraven Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momsandraven Posted 10 Mar 2005 , 10:06pm
post #7 of 10

As the mother of a 2 yo Wiggles groupie, I think the Big Red car idea would be a huge hit! You could ask if the child has a favorite character, my son would probably choose Captain Feathersword over any of the actual Wiggles. Hope that helps!

Joshsmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Joshsmom Posted 12 Mar 2005 , 12:38am
post #8 of 10

Thanks to everyone that replied, I'm keeping all suggestions in mind.

ahuvas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ahuvas Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 2:37pm
post #9 of 10

This is a wiggles cake I did using a 3D cruiser - it was the second cake I ever made so I am pretty pleased although I am sure you could do a better job - at least I know how to make my own buttercream now and dont have to buy it anymore!

cakebaker1978 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebaker1978 Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 11:54pm
post #10 of 10

Oh! I like the 3D car idea! So cute!! I can't wait to see what you decided on!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%