Painting Face On Cherub

Baking By vitomiriam Updated 31 Jan 2007 , 6:59pm by vitomiriam

vitomiriam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vitomiriam Posted 31 Jan 2007 , 3:49pm
post #1 of 5

Ladies, I need help! I am practicing a cherub cookie that I want to do for Valentine's Day. The problem is that everytime I paint her face, it comes out different. She has a realistic face (not cartoonish) and a slight deviation in the eyes and mouth drastically change her look. I even tried making a template for the eyes and mouth but because the details are so tiny, I am just not getting it right. She has eyelashes and a pouty lips and every singe cookie is coming out different. I am using royal icing and a number 000 tip for the details. I feel like crying..... Any suggestions?

4 replies
JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 31 Jan 2007 , 6:24pm
post #2 of 5

Can't think of anything you haven't already tried.

Just wanted to say that individual differences in hand made items is inevitable; you're not a machine, after all.

And I feel these differences are part of the charm of hand crafting icon_smile.gif

JMHO

CakesUnleashed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesUnleashed Posted 31 Jan 2007 , 6:32pm
post #3 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanH

Can't think of anything you haven't already tried.

Just wanted to say that individual differences in hand made items is inevitable; you're not a machine, after all.

And I feel these differences are part of the charm of hand crafting icon_smile.gif

JMHO

I completely concur with what JanH said. Afterall, cherubs should have their own personalities, too! Make them different on purpose...it will be fun that way!!

JaneK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaneK Posted 31 Jan 2007 , 6:35pm
post #4 of 5

There are few artists here on CC...a couple I can think of right now for faces would be Adven68 and Aine2 and perhaps if you PM them, they might be able to give you pointers.

I am sure when others read this, they will send help or suggestions...

I also agree with the others...each one with their own uniqueness would be great!

HTH

vitomiriam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vitomiriam Posted 31 Jan 2007 , 6:59pm
post #5 of 5

Thank you ladies.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%