Daughter's Birthday Cake. When To Assemble

Decorating By Jannt86 Updated 22 Mar 2023 , 4:01pm by -K8memphis

Jannt86 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jannt86 Posted 21 Mar 2023 , 9:10pm
post #1 of 2

Her party is Saturday. It'll be covered in buttercream but a couple of fondant decorations as pictured. I'm planning on baking the cakes Thursday and crumb coating then finishing covering on Friday. I'll then store it in the fridge getting it out about 2 hours before the party. Does this sound reasonable?

I am wondering as well when would people put the unicorn pictured and other fondant deco on the cake? I want to allow time to troubleshoot but am worried the fondant might sweat in the fridge?

Sorry for the rookie questions I just want this to go right for my little one and am not the best at it! Thanks :-)

1 reply
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 22 Mar 2023 , 4:01pm
post #2 of 2

the picture didn't come through -- if you can post a  link to it that might help --

since i can't see the picture, yes i would agree with you that keeping fondant decor in general out of the refrigerator is best practice -- i like your time table for the most part and i'd just say put the decor on a half hour or so after the cake comes out of the fridge so the icing is room temp -- but don't make yourself crazy -- take it out maybe three hours in advance so you can feel calm and peaceful placing the decor -- you don't wanna be rushed on such an important day --

best to you and happy birthday to munchkin!

hibiscus

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%