Product Expiration Dates

Baking By 1haleyj Updated 18 Feb 2023 , 7:54pm by MBalaska

1haleyj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
1haleyj Posted 13 Feb 2023 , 7:07pm
post #1 of 3

Can anyone help deciphering the expiration date on a package of Henry & Henry pastry filling?  Can’t find a website for this company to reach out

MDM 10178942

6206 21 054

Thanks!

2 replies
ReginaCoeliB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ReginaCoeliB Posted 14 Feb 2023 , 4:48pm
post #2 of 3

None of them seemed to be my dear. I have found myself in the same situation, especially with products manufactured outside the US, where specify the expiration date is a requirement. This one particularly seems to be made in the US... and they just skipped the requirement. Maybe it is printed in the main container where the smaller bags are and only the distributor have access to that information. In any case, looking at the ingredients, looks like is a veeeery shelf stable stuff, lots of sugar, high fructose corn syrup and preservatives....

For your reference, someone had the same issue and here are some of the Amazon customer reviews answers, hope it helps!

There is no expiration date on them so how do I know how long to keep them?

asked on February 7, 2020

Showing 1-3 of 3 answers

I called the company when I first got them and they said 6 months unopened. Once opened you can store in refrigerator for a week or freeze for 3 months.
amzn1.account.AFLVKWVBUYRUV7K7DH3LJBXYP52Q?square=true&max_width=48
 · February 8, 2020
14 of 14 found this helpful. 

I refrigerated them after opening and kept them for 6months. They still tasted great.
amzn1.account.AHBFLTSY5FADGQKZKZIZSUZSEOPA?square=true&max_width=48
 · February 10, 2020
8 of 8 found this helpful.

No, there isn't. What I do is store them in my refrigerator when I get them, in an excess of caution--they do not REQUIRE refrigeration. That way, I have a level of confidence that they will be good for at least a couple of months.
amzn1.account.AGEUOJ4HSAMZN7AH5FEIPC4LPD7A?square=true&max_width=48
 · February 7, 2020
6 of 6 found this helpful.

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 18 Feb 2023 , 7:54pm
post #3 of 3

Their fillings, so delicious, I clean up the inside of the bags end and re-seal it with my heated bag sealer.  Kept in the fridge for many months like that.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%