Help With Cake

Decorating By Aish90 Updated 24 Sep 2022 , 9:19pm by -K8memphis

Aish90 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Aish90 Posted 24 Sep 2022 , 5:42am
post #1 of 12

Hello,

I wanted to make this cake for my son's birthday. I have never made anything like this. Is anyone able to help me and give me instructions on how to do this please? Thank you

Aish

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/79/96/bd/7996bd072c945c090fe72e09bf8fa9bd.jpg 

11 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 24 Sep 2022 , 4:35pm
post #2 of 12

could you narrow down your request? that's a huge ask --

thank you

Aish90 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Aish90 Posted 24 Sep 2022 , 6:25pm
post #3 of 12

sorry. I have a ball cake pan....How do I stack/balance the cake?

thanks,

Aish

-K8memphis Posted 24 Sep 2022 , 8:46pm
post #4 of 12

the object of the game is to build a solid structure that you can also thread the cakes onto -- as far as the cake itself goes you can use foam for the top and bottom of some of the orbs just sculpt it as part of the round shape and you could use all foam for some of them too -- and stick in a board every four inches too if needed -- keep it cold! if delivery is involved -- deliver it cold! not frozen -- cold from the fridge -- throw out all the pickles and jelly and don't buy groceries -- this cake takes precedence over the family eating -- order take out -- i can't see anyone being successful Not keeping it cold all the time -- surely it's been done but give yourself a huge break and keep it cold :)

what i do, taught by bronwen webber, is to use pvc pipe and fittings, a good dense sturdy piece of mdf board for the bottom board and a flange to attach to the board so you have something to attach the pipe to -- go to a big box home store like lowes and play with the fittings -- once you get that figured out -- you could order your stuff from a plumbing store itself -- and they will answer questions too -- some -- fingers crossed --

dowel the cakes better than ever and bore the hole the correct angle to thread the cakes down onto the pipe --

so you will build your structure -- and decorate, dowel and ready the cakes --

disassemble the structure -- start threading the cakes on and rebuild the structure as you fill it with cake --

when you start adding in the cake, you screw the pipe and fittings together as you build -- i mean with real screws so it holds --

i used to use my father-in-law's manual drill -- it was perfect for me -- but use whatever you have -- it's a huge learning curve to do this esp for the first time -- 

i was gonna say esp if you haven't ever seen it done -- but hey food network tv -- has tons of cake competitions where you can see them doing this -- lemme see if i can find anything online....

-K8memphis Posted 24 Sep 2022 , 9:00pm
post #5 of 12

well i can find food network cake challenges but you're gonna have to dig around to find specific videos of them building a structure --

-K8memphis Posted 24 Sep 2022 , 9:04pm
post #6 of 12

ask me questions if you want -- i'm all yours -- but others on here use other methods too -- like copper tubing i think is one --

you gotta keep the dowel perpendicular with the table top -- so some of the orbs will be doweled at an angle wonky to the design -- know what i mean?

-K8memphis Posted 24 Sep 2022 , 9:09pm
post #7 of 12

think of a gyroscope that levels out the object sitting on it no matter which way the object swivels -- and keep the inside of the cake square with gravity but decorated to look off balance --

-K8memphis Posted 24 Sep 2022 , 9:10pm
post #8 of 12

the middle orb would be a good one to be all foam!

-K8memphis Posted 24 Sep 2022 , 9:18pm
post #9 of 12

-K8memphis Posted 24 Sep 2022 , 9:18pm
post #10 of 12

-K8memphis Posted 24 Sep 2022 , 9:19pm
post #11 of 12

-K8memphis Posted 24 Sep 2022 , 9:19pm
post #12 of 12