Fresh Raspberries And Lemon Curd

Decorating By Marla505 Updated 3 Jun 2022 , 7:40pm by -K8memphis

Marla505 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marla505 Posted 31 May 2022 , 8:52pm
post #1 of 5

Hi! I’ve been asked to do a cake with fresh raspberries and lemon curd as the filling. It’s a tiny cake, 6” and 4”.  Would it be best to do a layer of buttercream first, with the curd on top of that and the raspberries on top of the curd? Is it safe to make the day before or should it be assembled the day of because of the raspberries juicing? 

4 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 1 Jun 2022 , 7:56pm
post #2 of 5

i would want to first talk them out of fresh raspberries -- i get a slice of vegan lemon cheesecake once in a while --sometimes with a raspberry on top -- the seeds are no fun and raspberries are tart -- 

if you assemble day of that's safer -- it has to be kept cold -- 

-K8memphis Posted 1 Jun 2022 , 7:58pm
post #3 of 5

when i did fresh strawberry cake i encased the berries in well whipped whipped cream and it held great -- no leaky leaky

ReginaCoeliB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ReginaCoeliB Posted 2 Jun 2022 , 12:03am
post #4 of 5

Also, keep in mind that raspberries MUST be washed before using. And that water will activate bacterial and especially mold activity instantly. I have seen mold growing in berries in matter of hours. Also washing will activate bleeding! I will never use fresh berries in a filling (none of them!). I always use them, by the tons as tarts, pies and cakes toppers, where you can monitor their "wellbeing!" I will use a thick layer of a yummy seedless raspberry jam instead... for safe keeping! Good luck!!!

-K8memphis Posted 3 Jun 2022 , 7:40pm
post #5 of 5

ok -- wait -- it's the blackberries that have the giant seeds and are super tart! -- i happen to be eating a piece of that cheesecake right now and i was mistaken about the raspberries!!! sorry

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%