Length To Store Fondant Cake In Fridge?

Decorating By chudimac11 Updated 9 May 2022 , 3:05pm by -K8memphis

chudimac11 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chudimac11 Posted 8 May 2022 , 4:02am
post #1 of 3

I read a long thread on everyone storing their fondant decorated finished cakes in the fridge.  I do this too and haven’t had an issue, even in super humid Florida coast (if I leave out, the fondant will actually melt, even with The house set to 72 degrees.  But, I couldn’t find the max length of time someone would store their decorated cakes (without freezing)?  I have a party in exactly a week and would love to make my cakes tomorrow because I have so much other stuff I need to do!!

Thanks,

Colleen

2 replies
SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 8 May 2022 , 3:42pm
post #2 of 3

I would put it in the freezer.  The longest period of time I would keep in the fridge is three days, max.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 9 May 2022 , 3:05pm
post #3 of 3

then defrost slowly in the fridge overnight -- if it's a real big cake maybe two nights -- i'm sure you already know what to do about condensation -- like don't touch it, it will dry off eventually or even stick it back in fridge  -- and i would remove any smelly foodstuff in fridge and freezer, leftover tuna salad y'know stuff like that -- and i'd wrap the boxes in plastic wrap -- maybe not everybody does all that but it's a thought for you -- i'm overly cautious

hibiscus

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%