Cake For 70 People

Baking By amybaez86 Updated 2 May 2022 , 12:04pm by ReginaCoeliB

amybaez86 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amybaez86 Posted 1 May 2022 , 4:15am
post #1 of 3

Hello!

Question, I have a customer who is wanting a two tiered cake for 70 people. I have the photo but I'm not able to upload it for some reason. 

Is a two tiered cake to feed 70 people doable? 

The photo the customer sent me has a beautiful cake with the bottom tier being really tall, like one of those double barrel cakes (I believe that's what it's called) and then a smaller tier on top. Essentially it's three cakes, correct?

If so, could I do a tall 6" 3-4 layers for top tier? Bottom tier would be a double barrel 8" round for a total of 6 layers, would that be enough for 70 people?

Sorry for all the questions, I've never made a cake to feed this many guests before. 

I appreciate any feedback

2 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 1 May 2022 , 10:59pm
post #2 of 3

I would use a double 9" and the 6" -- that will give you a few more than 70 servings but the 8's leave you a few servings short of 70 --

yes exactly as you said, it's a three tier cake just iced to look like one real tall tier and the top tier -- all tiers should be at least 4" tall --

and these are traditional industry standard servings of 1x2x4

sunflower

ReginaCoeliB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ReginaCoeliB Posted 2 May 2022 , 12:04pm
post #3 of 3

I do agree with -K8, the cake should look something like this

21.jpg?w=800

This same web page has a very nice tutorial on how to put together a double barrel...Just in case you haven't done it before.... practice, it could be tricky. Here is the link Tutorial: How to make a double barrel cake | partycakescanberra (wordpress.com)

By the way, there is no way to upload pictures in the site, if you have a picture from a web page, that is NOT social media, you can just copy the image to your clipboard, ad paste it in your message just like text. It works with the web navigator I use, but not guarantee it will work every time. Give it a try if the picture you have is already in the web.

Good luck, hope this helps!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%