Reusable Piping Bags

Decorating By mrsmac888 Updated 19 Mar 2022 , 2:05am by SandraSmiley

mrsmac888 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsmac888 Posted 17 Mar 2022 , 7:47pm
post #1 of 4

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Which ones of you use reusable piping bags?  What brand do you like the most?  Pros? / Cons?

I have one bag, a 12",  I believe.  It's a Fat Daddyo's.  I love the fact that I can reuse it, but I HATE that the fats in the buttercream seep through.

Thanks!
Christina

3 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 17 Mar 2022 , 9:09pm
post #2 of 4

back in the dark ages I used the ateco white bags, not the clear ones if they even make those -- they did not leak -- the con is that you have to wash them -- you also have to cut the tip off so you have to decide in advance if you will use a coupler and if yes which size coupler --

I would use one or two large ateco bags for piping borders maybe a chocolate and a white then all the rest were parchment -- within the parchment community I would have large and small ones -- large for roses, and leaves, etc. and small ones for writing on cakes and for tendrills -- 

my boss handed me a clear one when they first came out like in the 90's -- and I thought wow how weird looking all clear such a novelty -- I filled it up and tried to pipe but the icing squished out sideways like a tumor -- funny! they are sturdier now of course --

i had to use the new and improved clear ones at one place where i worked but they were awful! I made them buy me parchment -- yes they were greasy and in fact she washed and reused those too -- idk they were not fun to use -- grossed me out --

wilton white ones were always good but remember I have been out of this game for some time -- they might have changed idk --

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 17 Mar 2022 , 9:10pm
post #3 of 4

ateco canvas bags --

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 19 Mar 2022 , 2:05am
post #4 of 4

I have several Wilton, the white ones that are pretty small and one giant blue one that I don't think has a brand name.  None of them have ever leaked.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%