Dry Ice Shipping

Lounge By Sugarflowers Updated 9 Jan 2022 , 1:34am by -K8memphis

Sugarflowers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugarflowers Posted 5 Jan 2022 , 11:21pm
post #1 of 7

I'm thinking about sending some frozen cupcakes from Texas to Florida and thought using dry ice would be a good way to go. Has anyone ever shipped any food stuff with dry ice? If so, please let me know your experience (good and bad) and any other information you think I could use.

Thank you very much,

Michele

6 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 7 Jan 2022 , 3:25pm
post #2 of 7

Seems to me quite a bit ago I read something about dry ice being dangerous.  Don’t use it in enclosed places like a car etc.    Personally I have never used it.  Don’t know if that helps.  You might try talking to someone who works for the company you wan to use — post office, UPS, FedX etc.   Good luck. 

cakefan92 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakefan92 Posted 7 Jan 2022 , 6:27pm
post #3 of 7

OK - 2nd attempt

This is how Omaha Steaks ships all its steaks. They ship overnight and the dry ice is in a sealed container/zip loc bag.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 8 Jan 2022 , 2:16am
post #4 of 7

i get overnight shipments in foam ice chests sometimez with dry ice packs in them, usually has a regular ice pack -- and  like lynne said, the different shippers have shipping container kits and all you have to do is put in the cupcakes and pay a fortune --

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 8 Jan 2022 , 3:09am
post #5 of 7

That’s good to know.  I’ll tuck that info in the back of my brain for anyone else asking:) 

ReginaCoeliB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ReginaCoeliB Posted 9 Jan 2022 , 12:01am
post #6 of 7

I'm just wondering if the cost of the overnight shipping, packaging, and dry ice are worth the hassle for something as delicate as cupcakes. I had packages stating FRAGILE all over in BOLD and bright letters, just to have a box delivered all smashed and torn.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 9 Jan 2022 , 1:34am
post #7 of 7

reggie -- yes -- like maybe sending fudge or cookies would be more efficient and less costly -- esp if you use those USPS pre- priced shipping boxes

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%