Peanut Free Cake Flavors

Baking By tal Updated 9 Sep 2021 , 2:26pm by -K8memphis

tal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tal Posted 8 Sep 2021 , 4:33pm
post #1 of 6

Hello,

I am looking for cupcake flavor options for customer who needs peanut free.  Or even a link where I can look up ingreds??  

Can anyone recommend some ideas and recipes please? Much appreciated❤️

5 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 8 Sep 2021 , 5:18pm
post #2 of 6

I have a thing about this kind of peanut allergy -- I never did a cake for one because it could end up with an epipen incident or worse -- 

-K8memphis Posted 8 Sep 2021 , 5:25pm
post #3 of 6

whew -- I just checked and I got the right link in the duplicate post posts -- anytime you or anyone notices a duplicate -- you can delete it if its right away -- just click on the 'actions' button -- no worries at all though -- happens to everybody :)

but yeah I've never understood someone with a peanut allergy being trusting enough to order a cake like that -- if it was me and i had to have a special cake I would hire someone to come to my peanut free environment and make one but I've never agreed to allergy cakes especially peanut free ones --

-K8memphis Posted 8 Sep 2021 , 5:29pm
post #4 of 6

but yeah any recipe you don't put peanuts or peanut oil in and can certify that all your ingredients and counters, utensils, bakeware, etc. is peanut free would work -- gotta read all the labels -- but it's making me nervous just answering your question -- 

tal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tal Posted 9 Sep 2021 , 12:18am
post #5 of 6

You know, I never even thought that deep into this

-K8memphis Posted 9 Sep 2021 , 2:26pm
post #6 of 6

I know -- because the person ordering is not thinking it much of a thing either -- although I'll never know why, so why should you, right? but as you dig deeper it truly is such a big thing -- and probably nothing would happen but it was too big of a risk for me -- if I wanted to work saving lives I would have gone into medicine, y'know -- but to do cakes, no, not taking any of those kinds of chances --

oh but how 'bout this one -- I had a sweet customer, we worked together, who was nuts over my butter pecan cake with rum splash, toffee filling, and swiss meringue icing -- made one for a work thing -- she 'bout went into a diabetic coma eating too many pieces -- so whadayah gonna do -- 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%