Betty Crocker Gluten Free

Baking By -K8memphis Updated 9 Sep 2021 , 8:39pm by jchuck

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 6 Sep 2021 , 8:34pm
post #1 of 10

just an fyi -- altnough i should not be eating sugar blush the betty crocker gluten free chocolate brownie mix is very good -- I am pleasantly surprised -- just wanted to share -- happy labor day and happy brownie making

heart

9 replies
jchuck Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jchuck Posted 6 Sep 2021 , 11:40pm
post #2 of 10

K8memphis I’ve made keto brownies with erythritol/monk fruit sweetener. Very satisfying and tasty.

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 7 Sep 2021 , 4:51pm
post #3 of 10

I made my very first gluten free bake last week for my neighbor with diabetes.  It was banana bread made with half coconut and half almond flour, sweetened with honey.  It was surprisingly delicious and it did not elevate her sugar level.  If you would like the recipe, I would be happy to share.

-K8memphis Posted 7 Sep 2021 , 5:05pm
post #4 of 10

would love the recipe, sandra, like i said i don't bake much but i love a good tried & true recipe!

june, unfortunately the sugar alcohols are also a big no no for moi, the taste is great but my tummy says no -- in fact it is easier for me to eat sugar than the sugar alcohols but the sugar just piles on the weight -- i've been medicating myself with hershey's kisses and some other sugary goodies during these last health roller coaster rides -- and i have the ten pounds to prove it! hahahahahaha

jchuck Posted 7 Sep 2021 , 8:53pm
post #5 of 10

Yes, I also have to be careful with the sugar alcohols…if I consume too much, I get bowel trouble. Not fun. So I dole out the treats sparingly. Hubby was bad this past weekend  and bought some raisin butter tarts. Instead of just buying 2, hubby bought a box of SIX!! He said it was a better bargain. They were tho, very small tarts.  I had 3, over 3 days, but they were my lunch and dinner. My sweet grandson, sneezed on me last week, gave me a awful cold. For 3 days I haven’t been eating much, so I guess the calories didn’t amount to much. I try not to keep junk around…or I just get into it. Hubby’s the worst for this, buying potato chips, or some kind of candy. I lost 15 lbs, and have kept it off. But literally I have 5-6 lbs left that I absolutely cannot seem to get rid of.  Arrrg….very frustrating.  Oh well, I’m pretty fit, and healthy, so I should be grateful for that. ❤️

Sandra..how many carbs are in the banana bread? That’s a bugaboo for me. Watching my carbs is hard because I love bread and rolls. I would take a piece of great bread…sour dough, french, rye, slathered with butter over chocolate or any type of treats any day. 

SandraSmiley Posted 7 Sep 2021 , 9:16pm
post #6 of 10

June, the recipe says it makes 12 slices and one slice has 20 grams of carbs and 196 calories.  I was not concerned with carbs, in this case, because I was trying to make a treat for my friend with diabetes and this did the job. Since carbs turn into sugar, it must not have been too bad.  I even made her cream cheese frosting with fat free cream cheese, real butter, and Stevia.  Mike and I preferred the banana bread without the frosting, but she loved it and, again, it did not blow her sugar off the charts.

Here you go, Kate.  I hope you enjoy it.

COCONUT FLOUR BANANA BREAD

1 cup coconut flour, 1 cup almond flour, 1 teaspoon baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon baking soda, 1 tablespoon cinnamon, 2 large, super ripe bananas, 1/2 cup honey or maple syrup (I used honey because I don't like maple syrup), 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, 1/2 cup coconut oil, softened, and 3 large eggs.

1.  Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (or 160 C).  Line a loaf pan with parchment paper and set aside (let the parchment paper stick up about 1-1/2 inches on each long side of the pan to be used for lifting the loaf).  I used an 8-1/2" x 4-1/4" (medium size) pan.  2.  In a large mixing bowl, add dry ingredients, mix and set aside.  In a separate bowl, add mashed bananas, honey, and vanilla.  Mix until combined.  3.  In a third mixing bowl, add softened coconut oil and eggs.  Beat until smooth and combined.  Fold through banana/honey mixture until combined.  Genly fold through dry ingredients until just combined.   4.  Transfer the banana bread batter into the lined pan.  Bake for 45 - 55 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean (I think it only took about 30 minutes for mine to bake, so check early).  5.  Remove from the oven and let cool in the pan completely.

SandraSmiley Posted 7 Sep 2021 , 9:18pm
post #7 of 10

Bread is my downfall, too, June!  I would much rather have good bread than any kind of dessert.  That is saying a lot because I love desserts!  I feel doubly deprived because bread is also my favorite thing to bake.

-K8memphis Posted 8 Sep 2021 , 3:25pm
post #8 of 10

pethank you, sandra! sounds delicious and easy, two of my favorites :) and just fyi -- i don't really care for the maple flavor either unless it's on waffles or something but when i use it as a sweetener, the mapleness dissipates and the sweetener just comes through -- for what it's worth  -- thank you again for the recipe --

june -- i'll take the buttery bread and the chocolate hahahahaha

-K8memphis Posted 8 Sep 2021 , 3:25pm
post #9 of 10

pethank you, sandra! sounds delicious and easy, two of my favorites :) and just fyi -- i don't really care for the maple flavor either unless it's on waffles or something but when i use it as a sweetener, the mapleness dissipates and the sweetener just comes through -- for what it's worth  -- thank you again for the recipe --

june -- i'll take the buttery bread and the chocolate hahahahaha

jchuck Posted 9 Sep 2021 , 8:39pm
post #10 of 10

Thanks for the recipe Sandra, definitely going to try it. I also don’t like icing on banana bread…any of those types. Zucchini, carrot etc. Like em just plain. 

“Bread is my downfall, too, June!  I would much rather have good bread than any kind of dessert.  That is saying a lot because I love desserts!  I feel doubly deprived because bread is also my favorite thing to bake.”

Sandra….Ha Ha….I loooove desserts too. Keto cake in a mug/brownies have been my saving grace. Helps me stay off the hard stuff….sugary demon devil.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%