Doctor Type Question

Lounge By -K8memphis Updated 31 Aug 2021 , 7:32pm by -K8memphis

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 26 Aug 2021 , 6:10pm
post #1 of 9

so there's a really good orthopedic clinic here and at the appointment  for my recent back issue I saw both the physician assistant and the doctor --

my next appt is with the physician assistant -- I understand how efficient this is for them -- y'know hopefully all will be.well and the pa will report this to doc or whatever and away we go -- 

I've never encountered this before and it just seems odd -- truly it took over half the appt to get the full story out of what had occurred -- one begins to identify with a hot dog on the rotisserie at the gas station -- 

do you ever make appts with the physician's assistant? how is this billed?

8 replies
-K8memphis Posted 26 Aug 2021 , 9:12pm
post #2 of 9

"truly it took over half the appt to get the full story out of what had occurred" this pa would ask a question then  he interrupted after I partially explained --   this guy and lots of doctors have to turn those rooms over and over throughout the day like a restaurant turns over tables -- not the best communication either way kwim 

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 26 Aug 2021 , 11:31pm
post #3 of 9

Sounds really weird!  I've seen PA's before, but had nothing unusual.

ReginaCoeliB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ReginaCoeliB Posted 27 Aug 2021 , 12:01am
post #4 of 9

Would that be similar to seeing a midwife instead of an OB-gyn? If that is the case I had better experiences with midwives (keep in mind I gave birth bunch of kiddos!) As for charging, the hospital usually charge less when you see an assistant, nurse or midwife...but every insurance and hospital is different, better call and double check! Oh good luck boss, we need you on you feet!

-K8memphis Posted 27 Aug 2021 , 11:46pm
post #5 of 9

sandra and reggie et al -- so yeah i thought it was kinda weird -- and if it was my choice to go to the pa then it would be like the difference between going to a midwife and an ob/gyn -- but it's by the dr's choice not mine --

i'm gonna call 'em monday and see what i can discover --

thanks

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 28 Aug 2021 , 5:25pm
post #6 of 9

Best of luck, -K8.  If I were you and did not receive a reasonable answer, such as routine visit, I would start looking for another doctor.

-K8memphis Posted 29 Aug 2021 , 1:19pm
post #7 of 9

sandra, yes good idea for sure

jchuck Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jchuck Posted 30 Aug 2021 , 10:50pm
post #8 of 9

Sorry K8memphis/Kate

i hope you have got this sorted out. I’ve seen residents and nurse practitioners at my doc’s office and had good experiences with both. 

-K8memphis Posted 31 Aug 2021 , 7:32pm
post #9 of 9

thank you, june --

so this clears it up some -- they are part of the team

"What is the difference between a physician assistant and a nurse practitioner?

The major difference between a nurse practitioner and a physician assistant is that, a nurse practitioner has enough qualification and experience to handle a patient alone without the guidance of any one. However, a physician assistant cannot do so due to lack of qualification. He must need some guidance to treat a patient."
What is the physician assistant's role?
Physician Assistant (PA) is a medical professional who is part of a team with a doctor. The Physician Assistant perform physical examinations, diagnose and treat illnesses, order and interpret lab and diagnostic tests, perform procedures, counsel on preventive health care and prescribe medications.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%