K8 Memphis: Glad To See You All Ok

Lounge By kakeladi Updated 24 Aug 2021 , 11:48pm by jchuck

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 23 Aug 2021 , 12:14am
post #1 of 10

Just watching news of the horrible flooding near you.  Saw where you posted so everything must be ok in your area.  

9 replies
ReginaCoeliB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ReginaCoeliB Posted 23 Aug 2021 , 11:39am
post #2 of 10

I also join the plea in prayers for you and all the people in the area to be safe!

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 23 Aug 2021 , 2:39pm
post #3 of 10

kakeladi, the horrible flooding is about 160 miles from -K8 and 45 miles from where we live, but the bulk of the storm seems to have been relatively confined.  We only got 2-1/2 inches of rain at our house.  My sister, who is about he same distance from Waverly, on the other side, got 5 inches.  Waverly had 17 inches in just a few hours!  I cannot even imagine that volume of rain!  Thank you for your prayers, Anna.  Those poor people are in need of our prayers and everything else we can do to help.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 23 Aug 2021 , 3:01pm
post #4 of 10

whoa, i have been under the weather completely and was ignorant of all of it -- wow, lynne -- you seem to have my pulse when the going gets tough over here -- i'm truly sorry about the horrendous weather and all affected -- and at the same time grateful to be thought of during this time -- i had a sciatic nerve thing going on -- was doubled over for nearly a week -- but i am better now -- start physical therapy this week --

thank you to anna and sandra and all as well as lynne revolving_hearts

SandraSmiley Posted 23 Aug 2021 , 6:31pm
post #5 of 10

Kate, about this time last year, I had a pinched nerve from three bulging discs, tendonitis and bursitis in my right hip.  I started PT around June and finished in August.  At first, I thought it would kill me, but (low and behold) it no only cured the tendonitis and bursitis, the discs went back into place and the pinched nerve healed.  I continue doing exercises about five times a week, but they are far more advanced that what I did during PT.  So far, I am just getting better and better.  My Physical Therapist was fabulous.  

Hang in there!  It works....eventually!  Hugs.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 23 Aug 2021 , 11:10pm
post #6 of 10

thank you sandra, good to know and glad you are so much better!

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 24 Aug 2021 , 1:28pm
post #7 of 10

Sooo sorry to hear about your problems— both of you —Kate & Sandra

SandraSmiley Posted 24 Aug 2021 , 3:20pm
post #8 of 10

Thank you, Lynne  I am in good shape now.  PT did wonders for me!

Mmmelliott Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mmmelliott Posted 24 Aug 2021 , 4:28pm
post #9 of 10

Very glad to hear you are all ok!

jchuck Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jchuck Posted 24 Aug 2021 , 11:48pm
post #10 of 10

Glad to see you post  kakeladi/Lynne. Hope all is well with you and your enjoying your new kitchen.  And I’m sorry K8memphis/ Kate about your sciatic nerve pain. I know how awful that can be. I hope your pt will help. ❤️

And Sandra, I wasn’t aware of possible flooding in your area?? Glad that didn’t materialize, and everyone is ok. Our national news is now filled with news about the wildfires in Canada, my province included. And in California, so incredibly devastating….lost land, homes, forests….and all those poor animals. The terrible situation in Kabul/Afghanistan. Many prayers for these situations. And our PM called an national election….September 20th. So fast campaign time. Merely weeks. We’re in the midst of a 2nd week of a awful heat wave. I’m sticking inside cause it’s too hot to do anything outside. 

Keep safe everyone… ❤️❤️

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%