How Did They Do This Offset Second Tier??

Decorating By chudimac11 Updated 27 Jul 2021 , 8:16pm by jchuck

chudimac11 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chudimac11 Posted 26 Jul 2021 , 2:48pm
post #1 of 4

Anyone have any suggestions on how they balanced this second tier?  My husband and I are both pretty handy in the garage and he welds too so we can build something custom.. string to figure it out…  it won’t let me upload this photo so hoping the link works..

https://images.app.goo.gl/dnR647n6PcFZ9iyd6

3 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 26 Jul 2021 , 5:46pm
post #2 of 4

that could be done with a hefty mdf board on the bottom and a flange then attach pvc pipe and cake plates -- using elbow joints and whatever kind of plumbing pipes and parts to get there -- so you make the stand then just set the cakes on -- watching the weight of the cakes so it's balanced properly -- and the way it looks, the top tier might be foam so there's less weight --

but internally there -- they used some plumbing joint to swing things over that direction

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 27 Jul 2021 , 2:57pm
post #3 of 4

I am guessing this was done with a treaded rod, joints to offset, and bolts and washers to support the suspended tiers.  It would certainly require substantial structure, as -K8 suggested.

jchuck Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jchuck Posted 27 Jul 2021 , 8:16pm
post #4 of 4

Definitely what SandraSmiley posted. It’s most likely a long metal rod. Running from top to bottom. Cakes are actually on a acrylic/metal plates threaded into the rod. Cakes are made offset by where cakes are placed. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%