Marketing

Business By Shaywest Updated 8 Jun 2021 , 4:32pm by -K8memphis

Shaywest Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shaywest Posted 5 Jun 2021 , 11:13pm
post #1 of 3

Me again...any other bakery owners out there that want to share what types of marketing efforts they have tried and what has worked well?

Thanks

2 replies
ReginaCoeliB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ReginaCoeliB Posted 7 Jun 2021 , 10:03pm
post #2 of 3

Hey Shaywest, as you can see, there is just a handful of us supporting this webpage and each other using this forum. The gallery has been out of order for quite a few weeks. Most of us are experience bakers but most of us do not run a business, but bake for family, friends, church and special requests. I would like to help you with this question, but I have never made cakes commercially. Again, good luck!

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 8 Jun 2021 , 4:32pm
post #3 of 3

i would suggest marketing with like minded vendors -- drop off some wedding cake cut out cookies or some fantastic chocolate chip cookies with some business cards -- be careful not to promise discounts or anything like that -- try florists, caterers who don't provide cake, party planners, dj's, lighting peeps, rental companies, photographers, venues especially venues  --

any kind of cookie is better than cake in my mind because cookies keep longer -- but a little 5" cake might be cool -- but to me when people are not celebrating you might receive resistance to cake "oh i'm on a diet, i'm gluten free" etc, maybe not -- just my thoughts -- 

people like small bite size goodies -- i used to sell zero cheesecake dessert plates until i cut them in thirds and sold 'bites' of all three flavors -- same price same amount of cake -- sold like crazy --

but whatever works for you

best to you

(no discounts!)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%