Wasc Carrot Cake Recipe??

Baking By Misskitty90 Updated 7 Jun 2021 , 2:01am by SandraSmiley

Misskitty90 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Misskitty90 Posted 26 Apr 2021 , 6:30pm
post #1 of 12

Hello i have seen a carrot cake WASC recipe on here when i search but it had pineapple juice and crushed pineapple in it.  Can you taste this and is this good? It was not in other recipes i searched.  Just curious. Thanks!

11 replies
jchuck Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jchuck Posted 27 Apr 2021 , 12:03am
post #2 of 12

I’ve made this recipe, added the pineapple + juice. Was delicious.

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 27 Apr 2021 , 1:07am
post #3 of 12

I use my own carrot cake recipe, but I always put crushed pineapple and pineapple juice in it.  It is delicious.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 4 May 2021 , 10:02pm
post #4 of 12

Sorry to take soooo long to answer you but as you probably know there are problems with the site making it hard to be timely

When I use the WASC recipe for carrot cake I use a spice mix, adding 1 cup of grated fresh carrots.  If I have pineapple juice on hand I'll use it in the cake batter but I don't especially like pineapple in the batter.  Instead I use it as filling.   Mostly I buy Henry & Henry's sleeve fillings but have taken a can of crushed pineapple, drain very well & thicken the juice with cornstarch then add the crushed fruit to use as filling.

doz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doz Posted 11 May 2021 , 5:55pm
post #5 of 12

I've always made my carrot cake crushed pineapple and the juice as did my mother.  It is moist and delicious and does not taste like spice cake but like carrot cake should.  Amazing the multiple ways carrot cake is made and most are delicious.

MamaGeese Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MamaGeese Posted 2 Jun 2021 , 10:15pm
post #6 of 12

It blows my mind the differing opinions on carrot cake. I love it rustic, lots of carrots and spices, no pineapple or raisins. I think the pineapple makes it too wet. I get rave reviews on mine all the time! I put 1 tablespoon of orange zest in with the sugar and replace a little of the oil with applesauce, also use some brown sugar. I think carrot cake has to be the most "personal" recipe ever. 

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 3 Jun 2021 , 3:07pm
post #7 of 12

i think you're right, mamageese, very unique each recipe -- i used to wring the juice out of my carrots before using them in the batter -- although i do like it with pineapple

jchuck Posted 3 Jun 2021 , 11:37pm
post #8 of 12

I’ve made carrot cakes with pineapple, and without. I can eat it either way. And MamaGeese you’re right, seems there are a lot of versions out there. And many have their favourite way to prepare. The only ingredient I DON’T like in my carrot cake is nuts….walnuts, pecans…etc. Now I love me some nuts. My Mom use make a chocolate cake fill with whole walnuts between layers, and sprinkled on the top. Loved it.  Maybe it’s the texture, or that oftentimes there’s just too many nuts. I guess we all have our preferences. Guess it would be awfully boring if there was only one way to make a cake!!!

SandraSmiley Posted 5 Jun 2021 , 6:03pm
post #9 of 12

I have a great traditional carrot cake recipe, but several years ago, I developed my version (which I refer to as Magnolia Cake) which has carrots, pineapple, raisins, pecans, applesauce and once in a while, coconut.  I am not a big fan of the coconut, but the Magnolia Cake is my most requested recipe and it has won multiple awards.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 5 Jun 2021 , 8:00pm
post #10 of 12

muscle  conCake-ulations, sandra!!   

jchuck Posted 5 Jun 2021 , 10:29pm
post #11 of 12

Sandra….I love coconut in my carrot cake. But not much. Maybe a 1/4 cup. Just so you taste a hint of coconut. But my family really are not fans of coconut…period. So I rarely put it in. And Congrats on your winning carrot/magnolia cake recipe…❤️

SandraSmiley Posted 7 Jun 2021 , 2:01am
post #12 of 12

Thanks, -K8 and June!  I probably put too much coconut, because it really seemed to over power everything else.  I love coconut, but like the cake better without it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%