Kitchen Aid Help

Baking By MamaGeese Updated 12 Mar 2021 , 10:32pm by MamaGeese

MamaGeese Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MamaGeese Posted 5 Mar 2021 , 6:46pm
post #1 of 5

I have a question regarding the scraper paddles for KA... I have several different styles of scrapers and they all do the same thing. There's about one quarter of the bowl space around the left hand side that none of the scrapers make contact with the bowl. I've done the dime test and that was fine, I've checked inner ring where bowl attaches and it seems fine. Just can't figure it out. I need these scrapers to work, my old shoulders are worn out from decades of scraping bowls and holding hand mixers. Has anyone else ever had a problem with this?

4 replies
SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 6 Mar 2021 , 2:11am
post #2 of 5

I'm sorry, no help from me.  I don't have the scraper paddle, just the plain kind.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 6 Mar 2021 , 10:42pm
post #3 of 5

I have one with the scraper — my daughter gave it to me because she kept exchanging it because it didn’t fit her ka — it fit mine no worries and from that we might conclude they perhaps don’t fit all models?

mrsmac888 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsmac888 Posted 12 Mar 2021 , 5:20pm
post #4 of 5

I have a scraper and two bowl sizes, one is a 5qt bowl and the other is a 7qt bowl.  My scraper is for the 7qt, but works with either bowl.  Are your scrapers made by KA or are they "knock offs"?  A friend of mine bought a no name scraper and hers did not work with her KA bowls.  Another thought is, is your bowl warped somehow, that the scraper cannot make contact with the left side of the bowl?  

MamaGeese Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MamaGeese Posted 12 Mar 2021 , 10:32pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks! Well I have 2 bowls for my KA and it happens with both of them. Funny thing is, I have about 4 different scraper paddles and they ALL do the same thing.... Think I'll stick with regular paddle..

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%