Cakeboss 2010 Error

Business By Heidicakes Updated 3 Mar 2021 , 10:09pm by -K8memphis

Heidicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Heidicakes Posted 2 Mar 2021 , 5:46pm
post #1 of 6

Did anyone's CakeBoss 2010 stop working yesterday? It looks like there was an update on that software as well as Windows yesterday and my software will no longer function. Their customer service isn't responding to my request for help. I'm worried that it's their way of forcing everyone into the subscription-based model, which I don't really want to do.

5 replies
jchuck Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jchuck Posted 2 Mar 2021 , 9:39pm
post #2 of 6

Perhaps it’s just a glitch on the website. That’s a possibility. Wait and login tomorrow. If you have the same issue, try calling customer service. 

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 3 Mar 2021 , 2:47pm
post #3 of 6

that's a great program run by wonderful people -- I understand your worry, i'm a big skeptic too but no I hope and don't think that's what's happening -- if it is a sitewide glitch then they might be engulfed by help requests and trying to fix it --

hope it gets cleared up soon -- keep trying -- best to you

Heidicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Heidicakes Posted 3 Mar 2021 , 5:25pm
post #4 of 6

Thanks for the responses. I finally heard from customer service. It sounds like my first request for help, which was submitted through their help form on their website, wasn't received.I did search for a phone number but didn't find one. The 2010 version hasn't been updated in years and is no longer supported. When I looked in my programs, the CakeBoss 2010 program had a 3/1/2021 install date, so I assumed that meant it had updated. It looks like it may have been a Windows update that rendered the program useless. The response from customer service stated that several customers are no longer able to use the program since certain Windows 10 updates. I have one more trick to try, but it looks like I'm going to have to upgrade.

Thanks again for your input!

jchuck Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jchuck Posted 3 Mar 2021 , 9:18pm
post #5 of 6

Ahhhh....the dreaded software updates!!! Had a update on my iphone, and I’ve had all kinds of problems..

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 3 Mar 2021 , 10:09pm
post #6 of 6

+1

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%