Good Book

Lounge By -K8memphis Updated 1 Feb 2021 , 4:25pm by SandraSmiley

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 28 Jan 2021 , 8:36pm
post #1 of 16

i am on like page three of this book -- i'm already captivated -- today at least, maybe longer it is free on amazon for kindle readers -- and you can get a look see at the first chapter if you click on the picture of the front of the book --

whachu readin'?

15 replies
SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 28 Jan 2021 , 11:15pm
post #3 of 16

It sounds good!  I am re-reading The Mists of Avalon for the third time.  Even in my old age, I still love the King Arthur legend.

-K8memphis Posted 29 Jan 2021 , 5:17pm
post #4 of 16

s -- i sometimes get into that genre -- i am currently a fiend for historical fiction -- mostly 20th century but a little on either side 

blush

wondering if everyone knows about bookbub -- they send you a daily list of discounted ebooks in the genres you choose in advance -- and you can purchase them or not -- i buy for kindle -- not sure if other ereaders are represented but probably maybe -- plus there are always several free ones -- the prices range from free to $2.99, maybe $3.99

but it's a cool way to stay loaded up with books (don't mind me i've probably said this a hundred times hahahahaha)

jchuck Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jchuck Posted 29 Jan 2021 , 11:42pm
post #5 of 16

Rebekah Jenkins was a hairdresser for 22 years before she began writing. Still does hair a couple days a week. Obviously  not now with Covid. She’s from Manitoba. Know of her but haven’t read any of her books. I love historical fiction. You might like Jennifer Robson, another Canadian ..read several of her historical books. Steve gave me the autobiography of Eric Idle....Always look on the bright side of life, for Christmas. So starting that soon.

jchuck Posted 29 Jan 2021 , 11:43pm
post #6 of 16

Rebekah Jenkins was a hairdresser for 22 years before she began writing. Still does hair a couple days a week. Obviously  not now with Covid. She’s from Manitoba. Know of her but haven’t read any of her books. I love historical fiction. You might like Jennifer Robson, another Canadian ..read several of her historical books. Steve gave me the autobiography of Eric Idle....Always look on the bright side of life, for Christmas. So starting that soon.

-K8memphis Posted 29 Jan 2021 , 11:48pm
post #7 of 16

j -- how cool -- yes two key characters are from manitoba -- so far the action takes place in toronto -- i'm enjoying this book 

jchuck Posted 29 Jan 2021 , 11:54pm
post #8 of 16

I’ve put the book by Jenkins on my list. My neighbour is a big reader and has given me loads of books. I have probably 10 sitting patiently waiting. 

-K8memphis Posted 30 Jan 2021 , 12:27am
post #9 of 16

books my kindle is stuffed with books i haven't read yet blush

-K8memphis Posted 30 Jan 2021 , 12:30am
post #10 of 16

unread books are boredom insurance

jchuck Posted 31 Jan 2021 , 12:40am
post #11 of 16

Boredom insurance....like that..❤️

-K8memphis Posted 31 Jan 2021 , 12:18pm
post #12 of 16

+1

SandraSmiley Posted 31 Jan 2021 , 4:22pm
post #13 of 16

Mike and I have literally thousands (like three) of books.  They are insurance against not being able to buy books in our old age.  That hasn't happened, but I do love to go back and read favorites.

-K8memphis Posted 1 Feb 2021 , 11:01am
post #14 of 16

I ran a book store for a while and you would be a dream come true!! hahahaha

SandraSmiley Posted 1 Feb 2021 , 4:21pm
post #15 of 16

Haha, yeap!  We have a huge used books / music / and  video store in Nashville call McKay's.  We buy most of our books there, anywhere from $15 to $.10.  I've bought many of the old classics for a dime!  I believe they must be required reading for some of the college English/Literature classes because there are usually multiples. 

SandraSmiley Posted 1 Feb 2021 , 4:25pm
post #16 of 16

I forgot to mention, we buy books by the big box full, usually at least 20 books every time we go.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%