Cakr Flavor Suggestions

Baking By webberblessings Updated 11 May 2021 , 9:34pm by webberblessings

webberblessings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
webberblessings Posted 3 Jan 2021 , 3:28pm
post #1 of 15

I would like my cake to look similar like this but I want a different cake flavor other than the classics. Any suggestions?Cakr Flavor Suggestions

14 replies
SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 3 Jan 2021 , 6:35pm
post #2 of 15

I guess it depends upon what you consider the classics, chocolate, vanilla, yellow, come to mind.  I make a strawberry cake, using kakeladi's Original WASC recipe, starting with a strawberry cake mix, flavored with lots of fresh strawberry puree, which is a favorite.  Also, always popular is carrot cake and any form of spice cake, black forest, the possibilities are endless.

webberblessings Posted 3 Jan 2021 , 9:44pm
post #3 of 15

Thank you. I guess I'm more trying to think what flavors other than chocolate or vanilla would go with the design of the cake because I like that design but not sure how certain cake flavors will go with a pink frosting other than vanilla or strawberry. 

webberblessings Posted 3 Jan 2021 , 10:15pm
post #4 of 15

Thank you. It's just in my mind that oreo cake can't go because of the oreo frosting or black forest because thinking of traditional frosting with those.

SandraSmiley Posted 4 Jan 2021 , 12:05am
post #5 of 15

Strawberry would be perfect.  Any cake that is usually frosted in buttercream or cream cheese frosting could be used and the frosting tinted pink.  It could be flavored however you liked.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 4 Jan 2021 , 1:31am
post #6 of 15

Cherry or raspberry are different & would work well with that beautiful design.  You could make a white/vanilla cake then swirl either cherry or raspberry canned pie filling (about 1/2 of the can) into the batter— I’ve done that often.   Then use the remaining as the filling.  

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 4 Jan 2021 , 1:14pm
post #7 of 15

i once used alternating layers of strawberry and red velvet for a cake and maybe add goodies in the fillings like whipped cream and strawberries, mini chocolate chips, nuts -- a liquor in simple syrup adds dimension upon dimension to any cake layer, just brush or squirt it on -- grand marnier was my favorite -- but every flavor imaginable is available too -- 

webberblessings Posted 6 Jan 2021 , 1:59am
post #8 of 15

Thank you all for your suggestions. I have decided to do a chocolate cherry chip red velvet cake.

-K8memphis Posted 6 Jan 2021 , 2:39pm
post #9 of 15

oh that sounds good!

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 18 Jan 2021 , 2:06pm
post #10 of 15

Hay Rebecca how did your cho cherry chip red velvet cake go??  

webberblessings Posted 7 May 2021 , 12:29am
post #11 of 15

Oh my gosh, I am so sorry that I forgot to reply back.

webberblessings Posted 7 May 2021 , 12:31am
post #12 of 15
SandraSmiley Posted 8 May 2021 , 1:53am
post #13 of 15

Sounds amazing, webberblessings!  Did you post pictures.......however, I've been unable to post a picture for about a week.

-K8memphis Posted 8 May 2021 , 2:13pm
post #14 of 15

yay! glad to hear it worked out

webberblessings Posted 11 May 2021 , 9:34pm
post #15 of 15

No, it's not letting me post the picture. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%