Brilliant Sugar, Gluten And Dairy Free Cheesecake

Baking By -K8memphis Updated 2 Nov 2020 , 10:30pm by -K8memphis

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 18 Oct 2020 , 9:16pm
post #1 of 20

as I’ve mentioned before, I’m on a forever diet with more “no’s” than “yes’s” as in no sugar, no gluten, no prepared foods etc — basically 75% fruit and veggies and 25% protein give or take a few — and I carefully cheat a little too — 

but REALFOODWITHJESSICA dot com has outstanding recipes like this one of hers I’m posting in case anyone wants to or needs to provide such a dessert —it could be served in the finest restaurants — AND IT’S EASY! but it is also so good for you providing a balance between our sugary desserts and a sugar free one, naturally sweetened and balanced with the protein — providing a natural boundary inducing satisfaction and effectively preventing overindulging ‘cause you’re full —

I’m gonna do pictures next because I’ve had to re-write this once arm wrestling with the picture thing — these days they usually come out sideways for me...

19 replies
-K8memphis Posted 18 Oct 2020 , 9:18pm
post #2 of 20

I mean, even on a weight reducing diet you could eat this and not mess up!

-K8memphis Posted 18 Oct 2020 , 9:20pm
post #3 of 20

-K8memphis Posted 18 Oct 2020 , 9:28pm
post #4 of 20

so as written it comes out tall and proud!  I just happened to have a silicone mat the exact width of my loaf pan but it hangs over the sides — so all I have to do after it sets up in the fridge, no baking, is loosen the each end and lift out the whole thing on the mat — then I keep a few cubes/servings in the fridge — the rest fit perfectly in 4 oz ball jars and go in the freezer — mmmm

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 19 Oct 2020 , 1:22am
post #5 of 20

This sounds delicious, Kate.  I will hang on to this recipe and give it a try.  Thanks for sharing!

-K8memphis Posted 19 Oct 2020 , 12:54pm
post #6 of 20

heart_eyes thank you, sandra

jchuck Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jchuck Posted 21 Oct 2020 , 1:18pm
post #7 of 20

I’ve also saved this recipe. Definitely will give it a try. When my daughter was big into being vegan many years ago, she use to make a ice cream from cashews. It was very good. I have a couple of bags of almond flour, so I would probably use that for the crust. 

Kate, you  are probably eating healthier than most of us. We all eat too much sugar, fat, salt and carbs. Funny, I’ve been researching cleaner, healthier sweet treat options too. My two biggest downfalls are carbs, not potatoes or rice...mainly bread. I could eat a whole loaf of homemade bread in a day!!!!!  I find it nearly impossible to go a day without bread. And sweets,  I love sweets. I don’t keep sweets around. I would be popping into my mouth through the day. Because I was such a big baker, hubby is ALWAYS  bugging me to bake something. Last week he kept asking for apple crisp. I said, go crazy, make it yourself. Of course, that didn’t happen.  Ha Ha. 

-K8memphis Posted 22 Oct 2020 , 2:12pm
post #8 of 20

yes almond sounds like a lovely crust, june! yes I eat pretty healthy

I found a super easy banana bread too -- where I'm sire everybody's got a great b bread recipe, this one is flour less, uses oats and pumpkin -- it calls for chocolate but I made some modifications -- 

-K8memphis Posted 22 Oct 2020 , 2:40pm
post #9 of 20

but for me the easiest way to sweeten without added sugars is to go with fruit based desserts — like in this b bread recipe— I pop a glass measuring cup with about a third cup raisins covered with liquid into the microwave for two mins to macerate — then chop them so they infuse the whole bread — and I use three eggs

-K8memphis Posted 22 Oct 2020 , 10:07pm
post #10 of 20

and of course the b bread recipe I got off "the granola diaries"  blog or website as it almost shows on the posted copy -- the online signature got lopped off a tad -- it's not my recipe I just tweaked it -- hats off to the g diaries for a great easy formula!

-K8memphis Posted 22 Oct 2020 , 10:16pm
post #11 of 20

june, know what I did -- I bought some muffin mixes for my husband -- if you add some fresh fruit, lemon zest or whatever, some vanilla -- it really can get tasty -- not to mention you can just make half a mix so there's portion control too -- but after dinner, like your husband, when he goes foraging in the cabinets a la yoga bear hinting hinting hinting that he needs a "fix" -- I can just point him to the mixes he can put together himself!

haha hahaha -- haven't heard a peep since -- no more gettin' bugged!!!

high five hand

-K8memphis Posted 22 Oct 2020 , 11:29pm
post #12 of 20

*drain the macerated raisins before chopping them up blush

jchuck Posted 26 Oct 2020 , 8:54pm
post #13 of 20

Weirdly, I’m not getting notifications from CC. So just seeing this post now. I saved the banana bread recipe. Sounds good, and healthy. I wouldn’t put chocolate of any kind in my banana bread. I’m a purist. My grandson’s love chocolate chips in there banana muffins. 

-K8memphis Posted 26 Oct 2020 , 9:27pm
post #14 of 20

blush

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 27 Oct 2020 , 12:16am
post #15 of 20

I have a recipe for b bread/cake in the oven now—2nd layer as I can only bake one @a time.  Found recipe online “the Queens former chef”  made it for the “kids” Harry&Wils — smells good 

all that to say good luck finding ripe bans

kakeladi Posted 27 Oct 2020 , 12:55am
post #16 of 20

Uggg 1/2 of my post was cut off:(    At the store all the bans were GREEN as I  totally.  Asked if there were any in back - was told nope thrown out!!  She said she told them to leave them they would sell but NO!    I got 2 thinking I could “ripen” them in the MW but it didn’t work:(   So I made the recipe w/half green 1/2 i had in the fzr.  

-K8memphis Posted 27 Oct 2020 , 1:05am
post #17 of 20

what was the rush to bake it today? they woulda ripened in a few -- I bet it's yummy though --

I prefer to use bananas that are ripe but not completely speckled -- never black though

jchuck Posted 31 Oct 2020 , 6:47pm
post #18 of 20

Oh I think overripe, even mushy banana’s make the best banana bread....yummmmm...❤️

kakeladi Posted 1 Nov 2020 , 3:57am
post #19 of 20

The rush was that I had already defrosted the ones in the fzr & had everything else ready.   It ended up making a 9” round & square.  The sq is in the fzr waiting  for someone or event who will share it— along with about 1/4 of the round :(   

-K8memphis Posted 2 Nov 2020 , 10:30pm
post #20 of 20

gotcha

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%