Does Anyone Have A Wasc Chocolate Cake?

Baking By Misskitty90 Updated 2 Oct 2020 , 7:01pm by kakeladi

Misskitty90 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Misskitty90 Posted 1 Oct 2020 , 1:33pm
post #1 of 4

Hi...what do I do if i want to make the WASC recipe into a chocolate or strawberry cake?

3 replies
SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 1 Oct 2020 , 4:23pm
post #2 of 4

This is the chocolate WASC recipe I discovered before I found kakeladi's original recipe, which can also be used for chocolate cake.

Chocolate WASC* Cake

2 dark chocolate cake mixes, plus 1 cup from a third cake mix due to the reduced size of the boxes (this extra cup of cake mix is not mandatory, but I do use it because it make a slightly firmer cake) - I use Dunkin Hines Dark Chocolate Fudge, if I can find it.

2 cups all-purpose flour

2-1/4 cup granulated sugar

1/3 cup cocoa powder

3/4 teaspoon salt

2 packages chocolate fudge instant pudding mixes (2 small or 1 large)

6 whole eggs

2 cups sour cream

2 cups strong coffee 

1 cup of chocolate milk  (I use two packets of instant cocoa mix and 1 cup of water)

1/3 cup oil

2 teaspoon chocolate extract (I use 1 tablespoon instead of two teaspoons)

2 teaspoons vanilla (1 tablespoon instead of two teaspoons)

Prepare pans by cutting a circle of parchment or wax paper to fit inside the bottom, grease and flour the entire pan.

Mix all dry ingredients together in a stand mixer until well blended.  In a separate bowl, mix together eggs, sour cream, coffee, chocolate milk (or you can mix the cocoa mix into the dry ingredients and add 1 cup of water), oil, chocolate extract and vanilla.  

Use the paddle attachment, with the mixer on low speed, start gradually adding the liquid ingredients to the flour mixture.  Mix on low until well incorporated.  Scrap down the sides of the bowl and under the beater a couple of times.  Turn mixer up to medium speed and mix about two minutes or until the mixture is smooth and well blended.  

Fill pans about 1/2 full.  Bake at 340 degrees F. until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean and the cake feels firm to the touch.  Depending upon the oven and the size of the pans, bake time will be from about 25 minutes to 1 hour and 10 minutes.  Start checking small pans at 20 minutes.

*White Almond Sour Cream 

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 1 Oct 2020 , 4:26pm
post #3 of 4

To make strawberry WASC cake, I use kakeladi's *Original* WASC recipe and substitute pureed, fresh strawberries for half of the water and add strawberry extract along with the vanilla.

https://www.cakecentral.com/recipe/7445/the-original-wasc-cake-recipe

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 2 Oct 2020 , 7:01pm
post #4 of 4

Sandra’s right on the strawberry cake.  For cho I just use a cho fudge mix & add in about 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder to the rest of the ingredients.  I’ve even made the recipe many times w/o adding the cocoa... depending on who it’s for or if I have the cocoa:)   

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%