Advice On How To Recreate This Cake? (Photo)

Baking By Bakingbat Updated 31 Jul 2020 , 12:06am by SandraSmiley

Bakingbat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bakingbat Posted 30 Jul 2020 , 4:24pm
post #1 of 3

Hello everybody! I need some advice/ideas on how to recreate this cake:Advice On How To Recreate This Cake? (Photo)My friend sent it to me asking if I could make it for her. What kind of cake do you think that could be? Cheesecake maybe? Also, any ideas on how to replicate the large dollop of purple frosting on top? I know my friend loves Icecream. Maybe I could do some kind of icecream cake type thing? Any help is greatly appreciated!

2 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 30 Jul 2020 , 4:31pm
post #2 of 3

You can make the bottom portion any type/flavor cake you want.  The purple blob can be a mini dill skirt or upside down cupcake w/a  heavy coat of icing . 

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 31 Jul 2020 , 12:06am
post #3 of 3

This cartoon drawing looks like a cheese cake with a crumb crust, except that the sides are slanted.  You could make a cheese cake or just a regular layer cake, stacked and carved to achieve the sloping sides, then covered with fondant in the colors to represent the custard and crust.

As kakeladi said, the "frosting" on top could be an upside down cupcake frosted with a large, round tip in the pictured pattern or it could be made of Rice Krispy Treats formed into a cone, wrapped with a rope of fondant to achieve the layered shape, then all covered with a solid piece of fondant.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%