Price Cakes

Baking By momnik Updated 23 Jul 2020 , 9:53pm by kakeladi

momnik Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momnik Posted 22 Jul 2020 , 3:12pm
post #1 of 4

Hello all,

I have been home baker past 8 years and specialize only eggless fresh cream cakes. I started this as an hobby now I want to start as a profession.

any home bakers out there can help me and guide Ge me as how to price cakes etc...

Also, any tutorial on fondant cakes, 3D sculpting cakes...

I am very much interested in learning new techniques...

Are there any online classes to learn??

I appreciate all your help...

Thank  you

3 replies
SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 22 Jul 2020 , 9:02pm
post #2 of 4

Pricing varies so much from location, country to country, state to state, even city to city, it is impossible to guide you for your area.  Check out the pricing of other bakers in your area as a starting point.  To be really successful, you must calculate all of your expenses, not just ingredients, but energy used, travel time and fuel, etc.  Once you know exactly how much it cost you to make a cake, you can decide how much profit you are aiming to make.

There are tutorials on YouTube for just about any technique or baking question you have.  Just enter your request, such as "Sharp Edges on Buttercream Cakes", and the list will pop up.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 23 Jul 2020 , 4:02am
post #3 of 4

Hi & welcome to our forum

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 23 Jul 2020 , 9:53pm
post #4 of 4

I just noticed my post only used the opening line & none of my information for you :(    Since you are new you will not be able to reply to any post for about 30 days so if you want to say anything just start a new post referring to the one you are talking about.  

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%