I’Ve Taken My First Cake Order And I Need Some Advice!

Decorating By saadi Updated 26 Jul 2020 , 7:59pm by AAtKT

saadi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
saadi Posted 21 Jul 2020 , 11:58am
post #1 of 5

They want a confetti cake with strawberry buttercream but since it’s for their 5 year old son...is there anyway I can make the cake NOT pink? Lol 

I could ask her if the cake being pink would be a problem but I thought I’d also get opinions here. Is it weird if I Crumb coat it with the strawberry bc and then go over with a smooth coat of vanilla bc? 

I also kind of wanted to do like rainbow sprinkles on the outside with possibly rainbow swirls on top (Since the cake is confetti) which I think would look weird on a pink cake right? 

Appreciate the responses! 

4 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 21 Jul 2020 , 1:18pm
post #2 of 5

Hummmmm.......  I’m thinking to just use strawberry extract?   If you can find any.   

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 21 Jul 2020 , 1:21pm
post #3 of 5

Just did a quick google search & it says its available at target, Michael’s crafts & Walmart 

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 21 Jul 2020 , 3:26pm
post #4 of 5

I use strawberry extract all the time to boost the flavor of strawberry cakes and frosting.  However, she ordered a cake with strawberry frosting, so surely she knows it will be pink, since strawberries are red.  Even if you use real strawberries, it will not be an intense red.  I think it would look fine to do the rainbow sprinkles and swirls.

AAtKT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AAtKT Posted 26 Jul 2020 , 7:59pm
post #5 of 5

You could always add red dye to your strawberry icing and make it red instead of pink also...  

But I don't think it would look odd to have pink strawberry icing under a thin layer of white vanilla...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%