Kitchen Designs For New Baking Businesses?

Business By Ama_Jawck Updated 12 hours ago by SandraSmiley

Ama_Jawck Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ama_Jawck Posted 25 Jun 2020 , 10:38pm
post #1 of 4

Hi!

In this quarantine, many of my family members have lost their jobs. Because they were associated with restaurants and travel industry. That's why we decided to start our baking and home delivery business. However, our kitchen is small for business work, and we are looking to restore it. Yes, we don't have enough budget for remodelling, that's why restoration is okay for us as beginners.

We are thinking to hire this kitchen makeover company to convert our kitchen into a baking friendly place. According to them, we should go with a traditional baking design for our kitchen. Yes, it would probably use a gas oven instead of electronic ones. Do you think bakers should go with gas or large size traditional ovens to overcome their expenses? Secondly, what kind of cabinets should we prefer and what are your views about countertops?

Please share your suggestions. I am waiting for them.

Regards,

3 replies
SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 1 day ago
post #2 of 4

Most of the things you question are a matter of personal preference, not necessarily one better than another.  One thing to consider, most bakeries or even home bakers operate on a very narrow profit margin.  Don't expect to get rich for a whole lot of hard work.

Ama_Jawck Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ama_Jawck Posted 21 hours ago
post #3 of 4

Thanks

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 12 hours ago
post #4 of 4

You are welcome, and I didn't mean to be a downer.  It really is something to consider, though.  I always tell everyone I would rather clean toilets than to try to make it as a cake decorator.  Such hard, emotional work and a not always nice customer base.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%