Non-Cake Related, Just Chatting

Lounge By Alectia Updated 5 Jun 2020 , 5:48pm by SandraSmiley

Alectia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Alectia Posted 5 Jun 2020 , 8:20am
post #1 of 2

I see there are so many spammers and my message can just disappear among them but I will try to start a new conversation.

I'm a newbie here. I love making cakes at home for my friends and family. But this post is not about cakes.

Being self-isolated we all have a lot of free time. I'm planning a little renovation outside our house and want to buy the Adirondack chairs for our backyard. Our neighbours have wooden chairs but they say these chairs were made by themselves. My husband and I don't have any woodworking skills and the only way to have wooden units is to buy them. But they are way expensive... I've found the information that Adirondack chairs can be made of plywood so they are from special plastic. They look like wood but they are not from this material https://wisepick.org/best-plastic-adirondack-chairs/ :) Does anyone have such units? Are they strong enough? Any problems?

I'd appreciate any answers! Please, share your experience.

1 reply
SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 5 Jun 2020 , 5:48pm
post #2 of 2

I did not open your link, but I am guessing it is the same material used to build decks.  It looks like wood, but does not need to be sealed constantly.  If it is strong enough for a deck, it would surely be strong enough for a chair.  You would still have to build them though and the artificial wood is more expensive than the real thing.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%