Want To Make Babyshower Cake With Carousel But .....

Decorating By vie Updated 6 Oct 2005 , 11:57pm by KimAZ

vie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vie Posted 6 Oct 2005 , 3:33pm
post #1 of 4

Hello everyone need your help here. I would like to make the Baby Go Round cake from Wilton. Here is the picture.

Now my problem is.... I was looking for a way to purchase the bottom and top plate only and then just the pillar in the middle. The only thing is can I do that and what is it exactly will I purchase to do this........ OR do I have to purchase the tall teir plate or not. I think I am starting to loose my mind here.

Here is the website and see what I mean ok. Thank you all for this help.

http://www.wilton.com/store/site/product.cfm?sku=pg_talltierstand&killnav=1

What I would like is to avoid spending all the money I will be making for this cake. I only charged her $ 35.00 ......... yes I know that isn't enough for the cake. First paid cake ...... and I undercharge but I am learning right. Anyways, could someone help me figure this out.

Thank you all
Sylvie
LL

3 replies
momofjil Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momofjil Posted 6 Oct 2005 , 3:38pm
post #2 of 4

My 2 cents would be that if you do purchase the whole thing, you will use it someday so you could look at it as an investment.

Fishercakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Fishercakes Posted 6 Oct 2005 , 4:35pm
post #3 of 4

Check ebay to see if you can find it at a better price.

I did a few months back and I love the stand. I plan on using for Halloween to hold cupcakes. You can do a lot this with stand. Good investment!!

KimAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KimAZ Posted 6 Oct 2005 , 11:57pm
post #4 of 4

Hi Vie,
I made this cake too but didn't use the stand for it. However, I did use the stand for another baby shower cake ( see my profile) and just bought the bottom and top plates, the column and nut/bolt. The column was two sections that screw together to get that height. I didn't have to buy the entire set. Oh yeah, be sure to buy the legs for the bottom plate. I didn't do that and it does not set flat unless you have legs under it. I believe you need 6 legs and those get glued on.
Hope that helps.
KimAZ

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%