No-Fail Sugar Cookie Recipe

Baking By Bouncin4Bonjovi Updated 26 Oct 2005 , 2:01pm by cindy6250

Bouncin4Bonjovi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bouncin4Bonjovi Posted 6 Oct 2005 , 1:30am
post #1 of 10

I used the no-fail sugar cookie recipe and they tasted awesome. The only problem was that they were not as thick as another recipe I used - I cannot remember which one it was now. I have tried about 6 cookie recipes. Is there anyway I can get them to a level thickness without using a DOBORD? (sp?) TIA.

9 replies
vitade Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vitade Posted 6 Oct 2005 , 10:11am
post #2 of 10

I just tried the recipe myself and thought they were okay. I've been thinking of a way to get them level as well. I have seen a rolling pin they sell with different size rings that fit on to change the thickness. I'm new to cookies and not sure how thick their suppose to be but when working with fondant, using dowel rods, two, one for each side and using that as a guide to roll your pin on REALLY works.

By the way, LOVE YOUR NAME! Just picked up their new album, haven't listened all the way through, I'm a fanatic!

Kos Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kos Posted 6 Oct 2005 , 11:35am
post #3 of 10

I used the "no fail" recipe the other day and thought they were great too. I usually use the Wilton's recipe which I like as well. I roll my dough out thicker than the 1/8 inch recipes recommend though. The 1/8 inch seems to thin for me, does anyone else notice that? I'm making the Toba Garrett cookies today which is pretty similar to the "no fail" recipe.

Bouncin4Bonjovi -One needs to be careful when picking login names. When people see a name like bouncing 4 BonJovi, ( icon_razz.gif sigh) it makes them forget what your question was! icon_lol.gif

Kos

sweettreasures Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettreasures Posted 12 Oct 2005 , 5:14am
post #4 of 10

I'm an 80's metal girl, too.
I love Motley Crue, Bon Jovi, Skid Row, Mr. Big, Quiet Riot (which I saw live right here on Guam)..and the list goes on and on...
Late 80's to early 90's Seattle grunge came out and I just couldn't get a grip of it...I want the 80's back!

PurplePetunia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PurplePetunia Posted 13 Oct 2005 , 4:33am
post #5 of 10

Can anyone tell me what is the texture of these "no-fail sugar cookies"??
Are they crunchy? chewy? soft?

I've always done shortbread which I love, but the butter in them will cause the royal icing to break down if they are left packaged for too long (a few days).
So I wanted to try a cookie that I could use if I needed to have them packaged for a few days and not have to worry about them.

Thanks. icon_smile.gif

alimonkey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alimonkey Posted 13 Oct 2005 , 4:43am
post #6 of 10

Petunia - if you like shortbread, you will love these cookies. They will turn out soft & a little chewy if you don't let them brown at all. If they're just for family, I let them brown a bit. We like ours crunchy. I also used 1/2 brown sugar and loved them.

PurplePetunia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PurplePetunia Posted 25 Oct 2005 , 2:47am
post #7 of 10

Thanks alimonkey, I'll give them a try!

Kristy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kristy Posted 26 Oct 2005 , 1:44pm
post #8 of 10

I made these the other day with antonia74's royal icing. I only made a half batch of both, because I didn't want to be stuck with all these leftover cookies! To make a long story short, I had the opposite problem! I bought some halloween cookie cutters at Michael's the other day, they were really tiny ones, and I iced them and took them to work. They were gone by the end of the day! All of the drug representatives were chowing down on them and I got lots of compliments on them!

ellepal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ellepal Posted 26 Oct 2005 , 1:54pm
post #9 of 10

I'd bounce for Bon Jovi too!! He's still hot after all these years..now there's a no-fail cookie right there!!

Anyway, I just tried the butter cookie recipe from wilton, and they were so beautiful!! They cut well, tasted delicious, and stayed thick when I baked them for a professional look. I was surprised, quite frankly.

cindy6250 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cindy6250 Posted 26 Oct 2005 , 2:01pm
post #10 of 10

Kos, can you post the recipe for Toba Garrett's cookies? TIA

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%