I Need Some Help With This Cake?!

Baking By Zbowles Updated 12 May 2020 , 1:54pm by jchuck

Zbowles Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Zbowles Posted 29 Apr 2020 , 11:59pm
post #1 of 7

Hello! 

I hope you're all staying super healthy and happy during this time! I find that a lot of customers are booking for the future when they may find their events happening again, which is the case here. Someone asked me about a wedding cake for next year! This isn't a big deal but there are some details on the cake I'm having trouble identifying. Find the photo below! 

I Need Some Help With This Cake?!

First, I will say this cake is not mine, I was asked to recreate it. I'm not sure if the customer didn't know how to contact the original cake creator or what but I was tasked with the job. To give them an accurate price I needed to know the following...

1. Is the bottom tier painted? Fondant? Or some other material? Or is it just buttercream left a little uneven to give it that effect? 

2. What are the flowers draped along the top? I'm not very familiar with types of flowers so identifying them was a little rough for me! I need to know if I'd have to special order them and if so, what that would cost me. Thank you! 

Have a good day!

6 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 30 Apr 2020 , 1:17am
post #2 of 7

. Is the bottom tier painted? Fondant? Or some other material? Or is it just buttercream left a little uneven to give it that effect? ........it could painted b’cream especially when looking at the top tier. It also could be done w/colored fondant The flowers look like real peonies to me Hope that helps:)

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 30 Apr 2020 , 1:17am
post #3 of 7

. Is the bottom tier painted? Fondant? Or some other material? Or is it just buttercream left a little uneven to give it that effect? ........it could painted b’cream especially when looking at the top tier. It also could be done w/colored fondant The flowers look like real peonies to me Hope that helps:)

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 30 Apr 2020 , 2:20am
post #4 of 7

I think the bottom tier is burgundy buttercream rustic iced with buttercream pallet knife painted flowers.  Yes, the flowers on top are real peonies.  You will have to check with your florist to find out what they will cost.  It depends upon where you live, but the peonies are in full bloom here right now (middle Tennessee in the US)  and lots of people have them in their yards.  Also, your bride my choose a different variety of flowers, perhaps to match her bouquet.

jchuck Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jchuck Posted 1 May 2020 , 12:27pm
post #5 of 7

Bump

littlejewel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlejewel Posted 8 May 2020 , 8:46pm
post #6 of 7

bump

jchuck Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jchuck Posted 12 May 2020 , 1:54pm
post #7 of 7

Bumpity Bump Bump