Friday Night Cake Club For 04-10-20

Decorating By Laetia Updated 19 Apr 2020 , 1:26pm by Laetia

Laetia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Laetia Posted 11 Apr 2020 , 1:37am
post #1 of 24

Opening up another session of FNCC! Everyone is welcome to share what they have been up to this week, post photos of their work, ask for help or provide help if you are able to.

Happy Easter to you cake friends!  

Julie

23 replies
Laetia Posted 11 Apr 2020 , 12:29pm
post #2 of 24

Bump

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 11 Apr 2020 , 12:45pm
post #3 of 24

To all may your Easter be meaningful and blessed! Make it a time of reflection on the life you’ve chosen & how each of us can make it better with the help of the Holy Spirits leading

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 11 Apr 2020 , 1:57pm
post #4 of 24

Happy Easter to you, dear Lynne, and all of my CC friends.

Laetia Posted 11 Apr 2020 , 2:18pm
post #5 of 24

All those beautiful bread I've seen in the last few weeks inspired me ans I had to give it a try! So gor my first bread, I've tried a no fail/fool proof white bread. I think I did not let it proof enough though before I put it in the oven (or maybe I've work the dough to much) because it ended up a little on the heavy side. But it is delicious, so I dont realy care. The crust is awesome!Friday Night Cake Club For 04-10-20

SandraSmiley Posted 11 Apr 2020 , 4:32pm
post #6 of 24

It looks fabulous, Julie!  What a brave girl you are to try a free standing boule for your very first bread and you killed it!  I could be slightly under proved, but we are not in the tent and Paul Hollywood is not judging us, so consider this a big win!  In case you are not familiar with the reference, The Great British Baking Show is held in a gigantic tent and Paul Hollywood is one of the judges, the bread professional.

SandraSmiley Posted 11 Apr 2020 , 4:33pm
post #7 of 24

Julie, you should post this on King Arthur Flour's website and be sure and tell them it is your very first loaf!

Laetia Posted 11 Apr 2020 , 7:06pm
post #8 of 24

Believe me Sandra, I was not brave at all! Unconcious is probably closer to what I was! It never occur to me that this kind of bread was challenging... I've used the no-knead crusty white bread recipe and cook it in a dutch oven as suggested on the king arthur's site. I've saw that technique and recipe in an other tutorial video and it seems very foolproof to my bread un-educated self! 

I know the Great British Baking Show. Is'nt one of the best baking show ever? Love it!

SandraSmiley Posted 11 Apr 2020 , 7:25pm
post #9 of 24

Well, you are unconsciously brilliant, lol!  I would be a proud as all get out to have baked that bread!

The Great British Baking Show is both Mike and my favorite program.  We watch it on Netflix over and over and over.

Laetia Posted 13 Apr 2020 , 11:55am
post #10 of 24

Thank you Sandra! You are lucky to share that passion with your better half. Mine thinks all those cooking show or competition are so boring! 

SandraSmiley Posted 13 Apr 2020 , 2:06pm
post #11 of 24

I call Mike my personal Bobby Flay, grill master and amazing chef!  Lucy for me, like Bobby Flay, he cannot bake!

Laetia Posted 13 Apr 2020 , 10:00pm
post #12 of 24

You're lucky Sandra to have your personal chef at home! My Mathieu likes to cook for me once in a while, but I have to be honest... He's not Bobby Flay! And what to say about the mess he makes in a kitchen... Nobody's perfect!

There's the little quick cake I've made for my beloved god-daughter who turns 5 today! Cake was made with what I had on hand and a lot of substitutions. Also made water ganache fFriday Night Cake Club For 04-10-20or the first time. I once saw a tutorial in wich they were using a cookie cutter as a template to make a beautiful and sharp sprinkle number on a cake... Ha ha ha... I must have use way to much sprinkles, they roll all over the place when I took the cutter off! Cake was delivered on the porch of her house, under pouring rain!

SandraSmiley Posted 13 Apr 2020 , 10:29pm
post #13 of 24

This is a beautiful, sweet cake, Julie!  Well done!

kakeladi Posted 14 Apr 2020 , 12:50am
post #14 of 24

Nice job on the cake I’m sure everyone loved it It certainly helpful to watch those programs— never know when some tip will be useful

gscout73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gscout73 Posted 16 Apr 2020 , 1:39am
post #15 of 24

Oh! I should have shared my cookie kits. There is a shelter in my area for teen girls (not there because they did anything bad, no troubled youth here) and Friday night I baked cookies and put together 4 cookie kits with blank no fail sugar cookies, 4 colors of royal icing in tubes each with a different tip, sprinkles, and a gift bag with more sprinkles, little trays for the sprinkles, small spoons, table cloth and matching napkins. I wanted them to have something fun to do. The icing colors were peach with 104, lavender with a star #18, light yellow with #5 round, and mint green with #352 leaf. Each kit also had a tip guide in color, so they could see what each tip can do. I dropped them off late Saturday afternoon and the director nearly cried.

kakeladi Posted 16 Apr 2020 , 2:39am
post #16 of 24

What a nice thoughtful thing to do

kakeladi Posted 16 Apr 2020 , 2:44am
post #17 of 24

Again I didn’t take a pic but made 3 mini loaves of pineapple tea bread I’ll give them to my neighbor tomorrow Also zested & juiced 1/2 dzn lemons w/another dzn to figure out what to do with

SandraSmiley Posted 16 Apr 2020 , 3:48am
post #18 of 24

gscout73, your cookie kits sound fantastic!  What a wonderful idea and I know the girls had a ball with them.  Wouldn't surprise me if you discover a budding decorator!

SandraSmiley Posted 16 Apr 2020 , 3:51am
post #19 of 24

kakeladi, your pineapple tea breads sounds delightful!  Your neighbors are in for a treat!  You know, neighbors of bakers really are lucky people, lol.

Mike's aunt lived in Glendale and she had a Myers lemon tree in her yard.  She used to send us huge boxes of lemons every year and they were to most delicious lemons I've ever had.  What I didn't use right away for other things, I made into curd and put it in the freezer.  Also froze the zest and juice.

gscout73 Posted 16 Apr 2020 , 11:40am
post #20 of 24

Quote by @SandraSmiley on 7 hours ago

gscout73, your cookie kits sound fantastic!  What a wonderful idea and I know the girls had a ball with them.  Wouldn't surprise me if you discover a budding decorator!

Thank you, Sandra. I was sent pics of the girls decorating the cookies (non included faces for security purposes) and they were piling on that icing!!!

gscout73 Posted 16 Apr 2020 , 11:42am
post #21 of 24

Quote by @kakeladi on 8 hours ago

Again I didn’t take a pic but made 3 mini loaves of pineapple tea bread I’ll give them to my neighbor tomorrow Also zested & juiced 1/2 dzn lemons w/another dzn to figure out what to do with

Thank you, Kakeladi! Your pineapple tea bread sounds simply scrumptious! I'd love to have the recipe.

SandraSmiley Posted 16 Apr 2020 , 2:48pm
post #22 of 24

Haha, gscout73, I can just see them now!  Each cookie probably weighed a pound!

Laetia Posted 18 Apr 2020 , 11:53am
post #23 of 24

Thank you ladies for the nice words!

Gscout73 you have such a big heart, it was a brilliant idea!

Laetia Posted 19 Apr 2020 , 1:26pm
post #24 of 24

Bump

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%