Friday Night Cake Club For 04-04-20

Baking By Laetia Updated 13 Apr 2020 , 11:57am by Laetia

Laetia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Laetia Posted 4 Apr 2020 , 12:54pm
post #1 of 22

Opening up another session of FNCC! Everyone is welcome to share what they have been up to this week, post photos of their work, ask for help or provide help if you are able to.

It is with a little sadness that I open this FNCC. Today is my nephew 8th birthday and there is no way we can celebrate. Meaning also no cake...

Keep healty and safe. Hug

Julie

21 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 4 Apr 2020 , 2:50pm
post #2 of 22

There are so many people who probably will remember this b’day with sadness :(

Laetia Posted 5 Apr 2020 , 2:05am
post #3 of 22

You are so right lynne...

Laetia Posted 5 Apr 2020 , 2:05am
post #4 of 22

You are so right lynne...

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 5 Apr 2020 , 5:51pm
post #5 of 22

I, for one, plan to celebrate my birthday when this is all over.  Depending upon how long the restrictions last, there may be a whole group of us, who's birthdays stretch over many months, celebrating together, but the more the merrier!

SandraSmiley Posted 5 Apr 2020 , 5:55pm
post #6 of 22

I tried a new recipe, Dreamscicle Cake, recipe from My Cake School.  It is an orange cake with orange mousse filling and vanilla cream cheese frosting.  I give it a B-.

Friday Night Cake Club For 04-04-20

Laetia Posted 5 Apr 2020 , 8:06pm
post #7 of 22

Agree Sandra, the more the merrier! Your cake sounds yummy and the buttercream looks lucious!

Marian64 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marian64 Posted 6 Apr 2020 , 2:03am
post #8 of 22

The cake looks good, but a B- what was wrong with it?

Yes birthdays are going to be hard. My neighbors drove by their papa’s house and threw out Birthday cards. It is such a neat idea. That I am going to do something similar for a friends son of this isn’t over by his birthday day. I also have a few friends that are out is state and I am planning on sending them cards. 

kakeladi Posted 6 Apr 2020 , 3:51am
post #9 of 22

Send me a BIG slice of that great sounding cake .... even though it is not chocolate:) I might make some cookies tomorrow if I can find an interesting recipe w/o eggs

kakeladi Posted 6 Apr 2020 , 3:38pm
post #10 of 22

Bump

SandraSmiley Posted 6 Apr 2020 , 5:40pm
post #11 of 22

Thank you so much, ladies!  Marian, I gave it a B- because I am not wild about the orange juice concentrate flavor.  Also, I am just not a big orange flavor fan. If it had been lemon or lime, I would have been much happier.  It does taste sort of like a Dreamscicle.

kakeladi Posted 7 Apr 2020 , 2:47am
post #12 of 22

Another bump

SandraSmiley Posted 8 Apr 2020 , 12:33am
post #13 of 22

No cake today, but twelves loaves of bread in the last two days, all sourdough.  My community will not run out of bread!

kakeladi Posted 8 Apr 2020 , 10:24pm
post #14 of 22

Bump

SandraSmiley Posted 9 Apr 2020 , 1:54pm
post #15 of 22

bump

Laetia Posted 10 Apr 2020 , 1:33pm
post #16 of 22

Sandra, you've inspired me with all your beautiful bread. I think I'll give home made bread a try during the long weekend!

SandraSmiley Posted 10 Apr 2020 , 1:39pm
post #17 of 22

If you are not an experienced  bread baker, Julie, or even if  you are, I recommend Kind Arthur Flour's site.  They have wonderful recipes and lots of blogs with helpful tips.  I can't stay away from it, even more addictive (for me) than All Recipes!  They have all kinds of baking recipes, not just breads.

https://www.kingarthurflour.com/

kakeladi Posted 11 Apr 2020 , 1:39am
post #18 of 22

Just finished making 6 mini loaves & 6 cupcakes of lemon bread :) gave some to a couple of neighbors & they reported them good Used5 Or 6 lemons from a neighbors tree Wanted to make that knock off recipe from Starbucks but didn’t have any sour cream :( The report on tv news just said the “shelter in place “requirement will remain for another 3 weeks:( Don’t know that my hands can take it LOL

Laetia Posted 11 Apr 2020 , 12:29pm
post #19 of 22

I would love to be your neighbor lynne!  Don't give up, staying home is hard for a lot of us, and a lot harder than it seems to be! Together, we're gonna make it and I believe we're going to be stronger.

Sandra, I look at King Arthur's flour website. What a gold mine, thanks for sharing! As we speak, my first bread is in the oven and the house smells so good!

kakeladi Posted 11 Apr 2020 , 12:39pm
post #20 of 22

Bump

SandraSmiley Posted 11 Apr 2020 , 1:56pm
post #21 of 22

Lynne, I am sorry the confinement has been so hard on you.  I can't honestly say much has changed for me because I never go anywhere anyway.  Mike has been going to the grocery store about once a week, mostly for cat food.  So far, we've been able to get everything we needed and, being a country girl, I already had enough of everything to last for a long time.  We are lucky to live far enough away from others that it is safe to go outside whenever we want, which is nice.  We do really miss going out to eat, but have several times picked up food to go from our favorite restaurants.  I fear for so many small businesses.

I am so proud of you Julie!  I can't wait to hear how your bread turns our and I am betting there will be a lot more of it in your future.  Bread baking is addictive (and fattening - ask me how I know!).

Laetia Posted 13 Apr 2020 , 11:57am
post #22 of 22

Bump

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%