Vanilla Fudge Icing Recipe

Baking By Iwillcakeit Updated 25 Mar 2020 , 4:17pm by SandraSmiley

Iwillcakeit Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Iwillcakeit Posted 25 Mar 2020 , 1:29am
post #1 of 4

Hi all,

new to the forum, have posted previously and received help from Kakeladi and Sandrasmile in my thread “best cake mix extender recipe for BC velvety vanilla cake mix.

ive managed to get my cake to where it needs to be (thanks Kakeladi! And sandrasmile!).

basically I’m now after a recipe for fudge icing to top the tray bake (sheet cake as known in the US).

all the recipes I’ve searched on here seem to be for chocolate fudge, I want a simple vanilla fudge recipe that I can use.

Ps, I’m a new member so I can’t respond to the thread but I will start a new one referring back to this with responses.

thanks for all your help in advance everyone! 

3 replies
SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 25 Mar 2020 , 3:05am
post #2 of 4

You are very welcome, Iwillcakeit!

I am a bit confused as to what exactly is vanilla fudge.  Here is Wilton's recipe for chocolate buttercream.  I use all butter instead of half shortening unless the cake will be exposed to a warm environment.  If you just want a vanilla buttercream, use the same recipe and eliminate the cocoa and add 3/4 cup extra powdered sugar.  Buttercream can be flavored any way you like.  When making white frosting, I usually use a combination of vanilla and almond extracts and sometimes even a little lemon.  The key is to taste as you go and keep adding flavoring until it makes you happy.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 25 Mar 2020 , 4:05am
post #3 of 4

Welcome back :) So glad to be able to help I’m wondering if adding some white chocolate to a good vanilla icing would result in what you are asking for I never branched out into something like that but now I’m wondering why :) As Sandra said ramp up the flavoring to make a huge difference There are a ton of extracts out there these days so experiment Taste is a very personal thing—what you think is “super good “ someone else might think it is the most horrible taste ever:) As I’ve often said what is overly sweet/teeth hurting to you is my favorite So don’t be afraid to experiment until you are satisfied Yah you might have to throw some out along the way but find a way to divide a batch (say into 4ths) before adding something then it won’t be so bad:)

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 25 Mar 2020 , 4:17pm
post #4 of 4

Looks like I forgot to attach the Wilton link.  Here it is:

https://www.wilton.com/chocolate-buttercream-frosting/WLRECIP-42.html

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%