Loaf Pan Carrot Cake

Baking By lavigne Updated 24 Mar 2020 , 4:52pm by kakeladi

lavigne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lavigne Posted 23 Mar 2020 , 1:45pm
post #1 of 3

I saw my mom using a disposable aluminium loaf pans to bake carrot cake. She did not grease the pan before pouring the batter in, is that right? Also, after she took the baked cakes out of the oven, she will bang the disposable loaf pans a few times on the table. Is this step necessary? 

2 replies
SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 24 Mar 2020 , 3:18pm
post #2 of 3

I have never baked a cake with greasing and flouring the tins, regardless of the type.  I also have never heard of banging them on the table after cooking.  It is common practice to bang them a few times before baking to help get rid of air bubbles.  Be safe and grease and flour your tin!  It would also help to put a piece of wax or parchment paper in the bottom (cut to the size of the pan).

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 24 Mar 2020 , 4:52pm
post #3 of 3

Most likely what your mom was doing by banging the pan on the table was loosening the cake from the pan — not a great way to get a tender cake out so NO it is not necessary in fact not recommended Do as Sandra said grease and flour &/or line w/parchment paper If you want to comment on any post & can’t just start a new post referring to the one you are talking about

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%