Maybe...just Maybe.........

Decorating By lvdenver Updated 12 May 2020 , 1:55pm by jchuck

lvdenver Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lvdenver Posted 18 Mar 2020 , 8:50pm
post #1 of 180

Hi Folks...

I know that we are All in the middle of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Crisis, Emergency, whatever you choose to call it, but can we see if maybe, just maybe we can find things (One Thing?) to happy and/or Grateful about?  Maybe we can make one of the others smile.

bowtie

I'll Start.....

Besides Believing that I am still fairly healthy at this point, I am Grateful that I have still been able to communicate (however I can) with my Family, friends (Including all on Cake Central) and neighbors....I am So very happy that I have my Cat, Moosie.  He is here to keep me company, purr once in a while, and show me the same love he always has.  (I Gotta use the old saying...)  He doesn't give a rat's A**, whats going on with us humans. 

He gives love just because.  I Love my Moosie!!!  

Now it's Y'alls turn.

Christie

179 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 18 Mar 2020 , 9:53pm
post #2 of 180

I am grateful for a nice place to live; for more than enough food on hand; & for God’s Love, protection, & pease

lvdenver Posted 18 Mar 2020 , 9:58pm
post #3 of 180

Those are wonderful things, indeed, kakeladi!

Stay as safe as you can!  And thanks for answering!

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 18 Mar 2020 , 10:32pm
post #4 of 180

I could not start to name all the things for which I am thankful.....but.....

Living out in the country!  What a great time to be a hillbilly!

All of my kitties, here goes Christie:  Pearl, Jet, Cocoa, Georgia, Earl Gray, Daisy, Fiona, Charlie, Pinkerton, Oliver, Milo, Polly, Sunny, Cleopatra, Lightening Bug, Rosie, Stormy, Scarlet, Simon, Isabella, Spanky, Buckwheat, Sophia, Tommie, Redford, Cheyenne, Victoria, and Spencer.  The is a little long-haired black kitty (Tom, I think) that has been visiting at meal times and I call him/her Midnight.  This is for all the people who ask me if all of my cats have names and if so, do I know them.  Well, duh!  They are my babies.

lvdenver Posted 18 Mar 2020 , 11:17pm
post #5 of 180

Oh Sandra!!!!!       

Thank you for this big Ole smile!       That's quite an impressive list!  And I bet most of them don't care What you call them, 'as long as you don't call the Late for dinner!!!'  !!!!!!      Ahahahahahaha!!!!  I crack myself up sometimes.....Hazard of living alone.   :)

Thanks for answering!

ReginaCoeliB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ReginaCoeliB Posted 19 Mar 2020 , 12:03am
post #6 of 180

Sandra, how many cats?... are them all alive now... or was that a recounting since your childhood?... And then, when I'm shopping people ask if all five kiddos are mine!

Well, I'm thankful for homeschooling them all, in a little town filled with homeschoolers and large families (average 9 kiddos.. I guess for what I see in Church) I pray for your safety, and for the poor mothers around the earth that are facing having the children at home 24/7... It was pretty shocking when I started... it is still shocking sometimes... but Our Lord and His Blessed Mother keeps me going. Hence the name Regina Coeli, Latin for Queen of Heaven.

Thanks the post... it is nice to relax among such lovely folks! God bless.

SandraSmiley Posted 19 Mar 2020 , 2:52am
post #7 of 180

Yes, Reggis, they are all alive, my current fur babies!  Some day I will sit down and try to remember all of them from my very first kitten when I was a little girl.  He was a pale ginger/orange and I named him Pinky.  There have probably been near 100.  I love all creatures.  This wacky girl is Rosie.

lvdenver Posted 19 Mar 2020 , 3:13am
post #8 of 180

OH, Sandra!

He's Gorgeous!  And if you added a few Gray splotches, and 2-3 extra toes on each front foot, you'd have my Moosie!  I wish I had a similarly posed picture of him to show you.  I only have the one where he looks like he's royal or something.  Posing for a portrait.  (I've got to het out of here)

I can't wait to read that 'list'.

Love ya!

iris.19 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iris.19 Posted 19 Mar 2020 , 5:12am
post #9 of 180

I think that this is a really good thing to do, especially now when almost every home is filled with fear or anxiety its good to think of the good times and things that you're grateful for. The first thing that comes to mind for me is im thankful for this community and baking in general. although the area i live at isnt in lockdown yet my mom and siblings have put the house in quarantine and i can't leave, the school has been shut down here for 2 more weeks :/ ive been baking and trying new things to be not so bored. that and reading forums here filled with all of yalls childhood experience and baking experiences. so far its basically the only thing keeping me sane right now

lvdenver Posted 19 Mar 2020 , 7:26am
post #10 of 180

Hi Iris...

I'm glad you're doing well so far.  This is a fun place to stroll around, isn't it?  I don't even remember how I happened upon this site, but it's always entertained, inspired, and put me in awe of so many of these great baking/decorating people.  I'm glad to hear you've found new and different things to do and ways to keep from getting cabin fever.  I've been doing mostly the same stuff, but it's also only Day 3 for California.  I'm considered high risk, but I sure don't feel like it.  My hands, on the other hand (no pun intended), are starting to crack, and get sore, around the finger tips from the extra washing I've been doing.

Speaking of that.....has anybody seen the Dr. Oz demonstration of how to "wash your hands like a surgeon"?  VERY interesting...at least to me.  Turns out I and almost everybody I've ever seen, except those Drs. on TV, have been doing it wrong.  I need to find a song I like to sing while I'm washing.  lol

Enjoy the site...I know I do.  And everybody has always been so nice, and kind, and patient when I've asked questions.  They're great.

Stay safe!

Peace!

Christie

kakeladi Posted 19 Mar 2020 , 1:28pm
post #11 of 180

Haven’t seen Dr Oz video but I have started washing my hands more thoroughly I know what you are referring to about dry hands The library had a poster on ea computer showing the differences made in how long lathering lasted — up to 1 full minute & yet there are still people who don’t wash their hands leaving the bathroom! :(

jchuck Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jchuck Posted 19 Mar 2020 , 2:16pm
post #12 of 180

Great post. Like Sandra, I’m grateful for so many things. Too many to mention. Of course my family.....husband, my two grown children and spouses, and my sweet grandboys...ages 6, 3 1/2 and 2 1/2.  For my church family, my faith...God is good....all the time. Don’t know how or why this virus came about, but we will weather the storm!! 

FAITH NOT FEAR....Maybe...just Maybe.........

SandraSmiley Posted 19 Mar 2020 , 11:46pm
post #13 of 180

bump

lvdenver Posted 20 Mar 2020 , 2:26am
post #14 of 180

SandraSmiley…..

What does 'bump' do?

should I do it?

Christie

jchuck Posted 20 Mar 2020 , 2:27am
post #15 of 180

It bumps up the post so it doesn’t disappear. 

lvdenver Posted 20 Mar 2020 , 2:37am
post #16 of 180

Do I just type that one word?

SandraSmiley Posted 20 Mar 2020 , 3:01am
post #17 of 180

You can type anything you like, Christie.  Any activity will move the post back to the top of the list.  When I am lazy, I just put a dot and hit submit.

lvdenver Posted 20 Mar 2020 , 3:26am
post #18 of 180

Ahhhhhhhhhhahahahahahahahahahhahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kakeladi Posted 20 Mar 2020 , 3:08pm
post #19 of 180

Bump

kakeladi Posted 20 Mar 2020 , 3:09pm
post #20 of 180

Bump

SandraSmiley Posted 21 Mar 2020 , 12:39am
post #21 of 180

.       see, lazy

jchuck Posted 21 Mar 2020 , 1:01am
post #22 of 180

Bumpity Bumpity Bump......

kakeladi Posted 21 Mar 2020 , 1:25pm
post #23 of 180

Bump

jchuck Posted 21 Mar 2020 , 1:35pm
post #24 of 180

Bump ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️  Bump.......

Laetia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Laetia Posted 22 Mar 2020 , 2:12pm
post #25 of 180

Bump

kakeladi Posted 22 Mar 2020 , 2:35pm
post #26 of 180

I’m sure there must be a dozen of folks out there who can share something nice, something wonderful, & uplifting with the rest of us Come on folks let’s keep this one going:) After just 4 days of “ house arrest” by daughter & reading it’s expected the “stay home” edict to last another 3 weeks I rebelled & went for a ride Spent about an hr driving around, seeing a lot of people out — running, shopping, walking the dog A bit surprised to see how many were bunched together in groups of 3-6 but most were loners —except in the store-not easy to keep “social distancing” there when others invade Your 6 ft space Of course when I got home daughter was very unhappy with me Oh well..... that’s nothing new

SandraSmiley Posted 23 Mar 2020 , 12:37am
post #27 of 180

Why on earth does you daughter care for you taking a ride?!  Does she think the coronavirus is going to chase you down and jump on you?  You are a big girl, Lynne, and if you need to take a ride, go for it.  We are bless to be able to go out whenever we want to.  There are no houses within sight of us and when we go walking on the trail, there are only a few people and we all smile and say high or wave, but no hugging, lol.   The outdoors is our sanity place.

SandraSmiley Posted 23 Mar 2020 , 12:39am
post #28 of 180

My birthday was Friday and my husband found me a fabulous present!  Wooohooo, life is good!  Not the best brands, but a lot better than using old socks!

doz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doz Posted 23 Mar 2020 , 1:45am
post #29 of 180

I'm grateful that my family is all nearby, that I had the time to get the groceries I could and some things to do to keep busy with while locked up!  Fortunately I also live in the country and can get out for a walk or ride my bike.  Not sure how I'm going to make it for another 2-3 wks without going somewhere but  I do try to remember Anne Franke and her family made it for over 2 yrs without ever going outside, no TV or electronics, we are very lucky.

lvdenver Posted 23 Mar 2020 , 1:47am
post #30 of 180

SCORE!!!!!!!!!!     lololol

He done good!!!!!!!  Give that boy a big ole slap on the back from me!

Well done, hubby!!!!!

And Happy Be-LATEd Birthday, Sandra!  I forgot!  But what else is new.

And, to borrow an old phrase......…?Don't use that all in one place!?

Peace!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%