Maybe...just Maybe.........

Decorating By lvdenver Updated 12 May 2020 , 1:55pm by jchuck

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 23 Mar 2020 , 5:01am
post #31 of 180

Doz you are so right we are blessed to have some entertainment to help us through this especially the next 2-3 wks We need to put that in our mind Sandra I stopped at 2 stores to pick up extra groceries but had forgotten my phone- she didn’t know where I was I can walk around the compound—it’s a mobile home park so not a lot of people out & about to have to keep away from:) Did that today -It was a warnish, sunny day, & saw only 2-3 people outside on a Sunday afternoon

kakeladi Posted 23 Mar 2020 , 1:04pm
post #32 of 180

Bump

jchuck Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jchuck Posted 23 Mar 2020 , 1:28pm
post #33 of 180

It’s snowing here today...Boo Hoo.. :o(  Had been sunny last two days. Went for a super long walk on Saturday, just a ton of people out walking, families, and couples, but all at safe distances away. When I came home on Saturday, discovered my husband decided to “prune” or dwarf apple trees. Actually more like decimated!!!! Hubby has been talking about trimming the apple trees for some time. They do seem to grow lime weeds. Anyway, you can see from the picture there doesn’t seem to be much left of the apple trees. I sure as heck hope they grow back!!! I got a bumper crop of apples this past September. All peeled, chopped and frozen. We usually get a good apple harvest every 2 years. Now I’m not so sure what will happen??

.Maybe...just Maybe.........

Sunday, after watching my church service, live streamed on YouTube, I did laundry and cleaned. Then basically read or watched tv. Lazy day. I’m thinking today, hubby and I should go for a drive, since it’s kinda miserable out. There’s a hamburger take out place, don’t know if you have it in USA, A & W, with that’s offering free coffee. Has a drive through. So swing in, grab a coffee, and just drive down some country roads. Stop and take some pictures. I know I could probably start some crafty projects, but still have zero motivation to do so.

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 23 Mar 2020 , 4:30pm
post #34 of 180

The snow is pretty, June.  It appears to me that your husband did a perfect job pruning your apple trees.  They are supposed to be kept open and airy with no branches crossing.  You may not get as many apples, but they will probably be bigger.  It will also help protect the trees from breakage in case of a bumper crop of fruit.

We just got back from our morning walk.  We saw five different runners and two people walking dogs, none of us in close enough contact to be a worry.  That is a record number of people.  Lots of folks out enjoying nature because it is something we can still safely do.  We saw two Great Blue Herons, a Beaver, three Cormorants, a Red Belly Woodpecker, a Dove, three Mallards, a bunch of turtles, and an Osprey.  The wildflowers are starting to explode, too!  Beautiful. 

jchuck Posted 23 Mar 2020 , 5:08pm
post #35 of 180

Yes, I read up on the “pruning” apple trees, and Steve did do the right thing. Well the snow maybe “pretty” Sandra, but not very conducive for wanting to walk. But I think I will bundle up and go out later. Many are working from home, so there won’t be as many people out and about as there has been the last 2 days. And speaking of walking, unfortunately, our mayor had to declare a state of emergency here in our city as too many people were congregating in large groups, and families using the public parks. This gave our major the authorization to have people arrested perform breaking the virus rules. Also, sadly, all the provincial parks and conservation areas are now permanently closed. There were 100’s out yesterday, ignoring all the virus protocols. No distancing, big groups. And someone actually started a bonfire to roast hotdogs....really????? How stupid is that!!!!!!  So because of many selfish and inconsiderate people, who, don’t you know, the rules don’t apply to them, the only large outdoor spaces are closed.

SandraSmiley Posted 24 Mar 2020 , 3:09pm
post #36 of 180

We have not seen any gatherings in our area.  We have a big dam about 1/2 mile from our house with a gorgeous park and campground that follows the river.  We noticed yesterday that all of the pavilions were closed and so was the beach.......yes, we have a BEACH.....on the RIVER!  Can you believe it?!  It is pouring rain this morning, but we've walked all winter, even during snow flurries, but the temp was not too bad, 28 degrees F. was the lowest (-2.222 C, I think).  We just bundled up and walked faster, lol.

kakeladi Posted 24 Mar 2020 , 5:18pm
post #37 of 180

Uuiuggggg how sad I can’t see the pictures They just won’t load on my phone In a way I miss the snow But then I just can drive about 2hrs & Be in It:) Sandra I remember when I spent those 4-5 months in KY seeing Herons but have no idea if they were great blues or if any thing else :) If I had an RV I’d go back there or find another place to help out Loved camping volunteer work

SandraSmiley Posted 24 Mar 2020 , 10:30pm
post #38 of 180

They probably were Great Blue Herons, Lynne.  We also have Egrets, which are solid white, White Pelicans, Bald Eagles, all kinds of ducks and many more.  We have a huge Wildlife Refuge, butter known as the game preserve, and a Waterfowl sanctuary, which is on our walking trail.  What a treat it is!  Oh, I just remembered, we saw a beaver yesterday, the first one I've seen since around 1971!  I knew they were here, but never saw them. 

SandraSmiley Posted 24 Mar 2020 , 10:32pm
post #39 of 180

We also saw our first live armadillo day before yesterday morning, rooting around in the yard.  They've only been in this area for a very short time, but we've seen a bunch of them run over on the road, the new opossum, but this one was alive and happy.  

I love living in the country!  Four deer in the yard this morning.

kakeladi Posted 25 Mar 2020 , 5:07am
post #40 of 180

Oh yes the deer, buzzards, & my favorite the cardinals! Could spend forever watching them

SandraSmiley Posted 25 Mar 2020 , 4:12pm
post #41 of 180

We had a turkey on the walking trail this morning and a single common loon on the river, the first one I've ever seen.

jchuck Posted 25 Mar 2020 , 9:20pm
post #42 of 180

Aren’t you fortunate Sandra to be able to see so much wildlife...

SandraSmiley Posted 26 Mar 2020 , 2:27am
post #43 of 180

I consider my self very fortunate and blessed, June.  I would dry up and die in a city.

jchuck Posted 26 Mar 2020 , 12:48pm
post #44 of 180

My ex-mom-in-lw Joyce, lived rural, in the country. I use to love to go visit her house. She had chickens, a few cows, a massive garden. A very small main street in town. Although it was tranquil and lovely, I would have gone crazy living there all the time. Joyce lived in a city when she was young, then Canada offered free land to people who would go to Northern Ontario to populate. Her parents jumped at it. So her formative years were spent on a huge property out in the woods, surrounded by animals...

kakeladi Posted 26 Mar 2020 , 3:03pm
post #45 of 180

Bump

cakefan92 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakefan92 Posted 26 Mar 2020 , 6:32pm
post #46 of 180

Hubby and I scheduled our vacation for this week quite some time ago.  Originally we were going to take a cruise and then changed our plans.  Turns out that was a very good idea. We've been clearing out cabinets and drawers and closets and rearranging furniture and getting vehicles inspected. It's been fun and we've got a lot accomplished but I don't know if we could do this for several weeks.

I know hubby still has a job since he works for the county appraisal district but I'm kinda concerned about mine.  I work for an oilfield (not oil) company and we had an immediate hiring freeze and then EVERYBODY got a pay cut.  I figure they probably started layoffs this week.  I think I'm ok but we'll see.  

As far as being grateful - - always, always thankful for our health and having plenty of food and TP. I can't get over that little bit of nonsense. People get downright stupid when they panic.  Actually things haven't really changed much around here except for the bare shelves in the grocery stores. We're thankful for our governor who had the foresight to prepare for this kind of thing so we're not expecting the entire state to have to shut down like others have.

Our kitties are loving us being home. We have 2 3/4 cats - a big orange Tabby - Carl who's so sweet and laid back, Livingston - a tortoiseshell and one of our original rescues who lost a hind leg a couple of years ago hence the 3/4 designation (never did figure out how she got hurt) and Destiny - a diluted tortoiseshell who hubby rescued at work about a year ago.  Destiny is definitely his cat and I've never seen a grown man so absolutely goofy about a kitty but it seems to be mutual because he is definitely hers as well.

So my project today is to pack up all my cake stuff. Sad, but a long time coming and we need the room.  I haven't been able to do the larger cakes for quite some time so all of that needs to go into storage. But I draw the line at the small stuff - that stays where I can get to it. So I guess I better get to it.  Everybody stay safe.  Love ya!

SandraSmiley Posted 26 Mar 2020 , 6:48pm
post #47 of 180

Thanks for sharing your story, cakefan92, and your ex-m-i-l's, June.  It is so fun to get to know more about everyone.  cakefan92, my husband to totally wrapped around our little Georgia's paw!  He is pretty crazy about Cocoa, too, but he won't admit it.  This is Cocoa.Maybe...just Maybe.........

jchuck Posted 26 Mar 2020 , 7:07pm
post #48 of 180

Maybe...just Maybe.........

Better if pic is right side up Sandra!! Nice pic of Mike. Our cat, Whiskers, use to jump up on my shoulder when I came home from work. She was waiting at the front door for me. 

jchuck Posted 26 Mar 2020 , 7:40pm
post #49 of 180

cakefan92   How fortuitous of you. I started spring cleaning, and lost interest. II haven’t been motivated except to go walking, do some yard work. We actually sat outside on our deck for about an hour or so before we came in the house. Was sooooo nice. My tulips and daffodils are coming up. My rose bushes, the stocks are green, and I see signs of shoots. My hydrangeas all have buds too. You can literally smell spring in the air.

SandraSmiley Posted 26 Mar 2020 , 9:34pm
post #50 of 180

Thank you or rotating the picture, June!  How did you do that?  First time I'd had one to post sideways.

My very first cat, when I was a little girl, used to ride on my shoulder all the time.  He would even ride the horse with me, sitting perched on my shoulder.

jchuck Posted 26 Mar 2020 , 9:47pm
post #51 of 180

You’re welcome Sandra. I took a screen shot. Then edited the picture, rotating , saved, and posted. 

My grandmother had a cat, can’t remember her name now, and she literally would jump into the air to catch a silver ball with her paws. 

SandraSmiley Posted 26 Mar 2020 , 9:49pm
post #52 of 180

Thanks!  That is so cool that your grandma's kitty could play ball!  I've had a few that would play catch, like a dog.  I didn't teach them, they taught me to throw their toy for them.

jchuck Posted 26 Mar 2020 , 9:52pm
post #53 of 180

Yes I can’t remember now if cat was a “he or a “she”. I know the name so well, don’t know why I can’t remember. Anyway, quite the cat. 

SandraSmiley Posted 26 Mar 2020 , 9:55pm
post #54 of 180

You will think of it shortly :o)

jchuck Posted 26 Mar 2020 , 10:05pm
post #55 of 180

I just did....Sally!!!! So it was a female cat!!

SandraSmiley Posted 26 Mar 2020 , 11:51pm
post #56 of 180

Aww, that is a cute name.  I've never had a Sally and that is saying something.  All of my retrivers were girls too.  We all know why, ha!

kakeladi Posted 27 Mar 2020 , 1:30pm
post #57 of 180

Bump

kakeladi Posted 30 Mar 2020 , 6:00pm
post #58 of 180

Bump

jchuck Posted 31 Mar 2020 , 6:10pm
post #59 of 180

Bumpity Bump Bump