Best Cake Mix Extender Recipe For Bc Velvety Vanilla Cake Mix

Baking By Iwillcakeit Updated 24 Mar 2020 , 3:34pm by SandraSmiley

Iwillcakeit Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Iwillcakeit Posted 14 Mar 2020 , 6:17pm
post #1 of 5

Hi all,

I am new to the forum and a novice home baker.

I am trying to make some tray/sheet bakes for a local children’s youth centre (hopefully if I can get it right I can do a few trays every weekend).

I’ve gone out and bought some Betty Crocker velvety vanilla cake mix. I’ve tried adding two mixed to a large tray bake pan - the pan I’m using is 40x30cm and 4cm deep.

The problem I’m having is when using two full BC cake mixed the cake doesn’t rise as much as I want I to - it rises to maybe half I.e 2cm of the pan. Ideally I want it to rise to the top of the pan i.e 4cm. Also, I don’t want to have to use another cake mix if possible.z

Ive read on here regarding cake mix extenders, can anyone reccomend a tried and tested extender recipe. I’ve read the WASC recipe but unlike other recipes it doesn’t use baking powder, extra eggs or any extra oil and also uses sour cream?

has anyone got a simple cake mix extender recipe that uses vanilla as flavouring?

any help is appreciated!

thanks

4 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 14 Mar 2020 , 8:26pm
post #2 of 5

It sounds to me like you don't have enough batter to fill the pan thereby resulting in it 'not rising'.  From what I can find the size of your pan in inches is 12x16 (what is often called a 1/2 sheet pan here in the US)  that takes a little more batter than 2 mixes.  The pan should be a little more than 1/2 full.   I suggest you use this recipe:  https://www.cakecentral.com/recipe/7445/the-original-wasc-cake-recipe , use 2 cake dry mixes and the rest of the ingredients listed in the recipe for that sized pan (if I got the translation of 30x40cm right!). 

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 15 Mar 2020 , 2:11am
post #3 of 5

You will not find a better recipe than kakeladi's Original WASC recipe.  It is used and love by the entire industry, professionals and hobby bakers.  The really beautiful thing about it is, you can make any flavor cake.  For instance, to make a strawberry cake, start with a strawberry cake mix, etc.

SandraSmiley Posted 16 Mar 2020 , 2:36am
post #4 of 5

bump

SandraSmiley Posted 24 Mar 2020 , 3:34pm
post #5 of 5

If you want to reply, iwillcakeit, just start a new post and refer back to this one.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%