Rainbow Layered White Mud Wedding Cake

Decorating By Miss079 Updated 24 Mar 2020 , 3:33pm by SandraSmiley

Miss079 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Miss079 Posted 14 Mar 2020 , 4:14am
post #1 of 6

Hi, 

I have been asked to make a 3 tier wedding cake for a couple.

6", 9" and 12" square.

They have requested a rainbow layered white mudcake for the bottom tier, red velvet for the middle tier and the top tier will just be fake cake foam.

The cake will be covered in fondant but I am concerned about the bottom tier oozing from the sidesRainbow Layered White Mud Wedding Cake and becoming a complete mess.  Does anyone have any ideas on what I can do to prevent this?

I will be using dowels in the bottom cake.  

Many thanks, Sherylee

5 replies
Laetia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Laetia Posted 14 Mar 2020 , 12:36pm
post #2 of 6

I dont know for sure, never work with white mud cake. But I  would think that if it's doweld properly, it should be ok. That cake is stunning by the way!

doz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doz Posted 14 Mar 2020 , 11:22pm
post #3 of 6

bump

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 15 Mar 2020 , 2:07am
post #4 of 6

I guess you mean the frosting bulging between the layers???  Be sure you use a stiff buttercream or ganache dam to hold any soft fillings and cover the cake with ganache instead of buttercream.  If the fondant top layer is going to be white, as in the picture, I would use white chocolate ganache to cover it.  It should be just fine.  As Laetia said, proper doweling is necessary for any tiered cake.

SandraSmiley Posted 16 Mar 2020 , 2:36am
post #5 of 6

bump

SandraSmiley Posted 24 Mar 2020 , 3:33pm
post #6 of 6

Miss079, if you are unable to respond to this post, just start a new one and refer back to the original.  It is a new member security thing.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%