The Sacred Strawberry Cake Recipe

Baking By SummerFromtheSole Updated 30 May 2020 , 2:25pm by -K8memphis

SummerFromtheSole Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SummerFromtheSole Posted 9 Mar 2020 , 10:24pm
post #1 of 12

Hey guys! So I am an amateur baker and I have recently started teaching myself to decorate cakes. So of course, I often find myself just watching amazing artists on YouTube for inspiration. 

One thing I have noticed is that among these hundreds of professionals who share their recipes and their decorating skills with the world. why does it seem that none of them ever demonstrate a made-from-scratch Strawberry cake?? I have been in search of one and found a pretty decent one, the only issue is that every now and then it is lacking in strawberry flavor. Sometimes it is very present and sometimes its a bit faint. 

I just found myself wondering, these people own their own bakeries and work in bakeries and can make any cake request known to man. But I haven't found any of these professionals share a Strawberry cake recipe. Does anyone know a reason for this??

Maybe I'm just crazy laughing

11 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 10 Mar 2020 , 12:16am
post #2 of 12

I'm not a scratch baker so can't help much.  You say sometimes it does not have a strawberry flavor........I'm guessing you use fresh berries & that is probably the answer.  I find in eating them that some are much more flavorful than other.     You might need to ramp up the flavor with extract?

I also wanted to point out that being a new member of this site you will not be able to reply to any posts for about 30 days.....if you wish to reply to any post just start a new one and it's helpful if you title your post as a reply to whichever one you are talking about. 

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 10 Mar 2020 , 1:30am
post #3 of 12

I've found a couple from very reputable on-line teachers, but have not tried them.  They both look really good.  Personally, I make my strawberry cakes using the *Original* WASC recipe, starting with a strawberry cake mix, using fresh strawberries to replace most of the water, add a couple of teaspoons of strawberry extract, and  sometimes even a little strawberry Jello.  It is usually fabulous, but occasionally, it seems to be a little less flavorful and I believe it depends entirely upon the strawberries.  Sort of like trying to make a good banana pudding with bananas which are not ripe enough.                                           

https://sugargeekshow.com/recipe/strawberry-cake-recipe/

Laetia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Laetia Posted 11 Mar 2020 , 10:04pm
post #5 of 12

Bump

Laetia Posted 13 Mar 2020 , 11:36am
post #6 of 12

Bump

theresaf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
theresaf Posted 13 Mar 2020 , 7:58pm
post #7 of 12

I wonder if it would be a good experiment to try adding freeze dried strawberries to your mix.   I'd crush them up and mix it with your liquid before adding to the batter.  That way you are not adding extra liquid to throw off the ratios.  I'll certainly be checking back to see who tries what!  

Theresa

Laetia Posted 14 Mar 2020 , 12:46pm
post #8 of 12

Bump

louglou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
louglou Posted 15 Mar 2020 , 9:23am
post #9 of 12

I use my standard Victoria sponge recipe and add freeze dried strawberry powder. It’s delicious. 

SandraSmiley Posted 24 Mar 2020 , 3:38pm
post #10 of 12

bump

MerMadeBakedGoods Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MerMadeBakedGoods Posted 30 May 2020 , 3:58am
post #11 of 12

Sme here, louglou. I puree freeze-dried strawberries into a powder. Deeeeeelicious!

works in frosting as well :)

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 30 May 2020 , 2:25pm
post #12 of 12

yes those freeze dried fruits are wonderful additions to cake batters and icings -- the hardest part is not putting too much!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%