Cake Size For 40 People

Baking By Christinariana Updated 28 May 2020 , 4:50pm by Naty

Christinariana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Christinariana Posted 8 Mar 2020 , 7:06pm
post #1 of 10

Hi! I’m new to baking and I have a client who wants a 1 tier cake that serves about 40 people for a birthday party. All of the charts I’ve seen are different or are less than 40 or more. Can someone help? I was thinking maybe a 3-4 layer 10 inch or 12. Thank you!

9 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 8 Mar 2020 , 11:23pm
post #2 of 10

Adding a 3rd layer is not going to add any more servings you’ll just have taller ones You might have to offer a cake that gives more or a bit less than wanted Just be sure you charge for every serving given I don’t remember how many servings a 12”x4” round yields but t think it will be enough

kakeladi Posted 8 Mar 2020 , 11:23pm
post #3 of 10

Adding a 3rd layer is not going to add any more servings you’ll just have taller ones You might have to offer a cake that gives more or a bit less than wanted Just be sure you charge for every serving given I don’t remember how many servings a 12”x4” round yields but t think it will be enough

kakeladi Posted 9 Mar 2020 , 6:59pm
post #4 of 10

I see you are a new poster on here...…..for about 30 days you will not be able to reply to any post -- yours or others - so if you wish to reply just make a new post referring to the one you are replying to in the subject line.

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 10 Mar 2020 , 1:36am
post #5 of 10

Tell you client it is not possible to make a single, one tier cake to serve 40 people.  It would be far better to make two cakes, which would offer the opportunity for two different flavors, if desired.  Or....make a large sheet cake.

Laetia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Laetia Posted 11 Mar 2020 , 10:03pm
post #6 of 10

Bump

Laetia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Laetia Posted 13 Mar 2020 , 11:37am
post #7 of 10

Bump

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 24 Mar 2020 , 3:39pm
post #8 of 10

bump

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 28 May 2020 , 12:36am
post #9 of 10

a nice tall 10" cake can serve 40 if you are doing 1x2x4 traditional sized servings -- you can't always hit the exact number of servings -- sometimes you have to go over a bit to ensure enough servings -- but a 12" cake serves way too many extra -- you just need to explain the serving size to your customer -- it'll be about the same amount of cake as a cupcake  

Naty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Naty Posted 28 May 2020 , 4:50pm
post #10 of 10

For bigger slices you can do 12 x 3 cake pan.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%