How To Keep Squeeze Bottles “Warm”...

Decorating By lread1027 Updated 5 Mar 2020 , 6:49pm by sweetooth94

lread1027 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lread1027 Posted 5 Mar 2020 , 4:28pm
post #1 of 3

I’m really getting into making chocolate covered Oreos and I was wondering if any of you had any tips on how to keep my melted chocolate warm when it’s in the squeeze bottles.  I have seen people use an electric skillet with water on the warm setting for glass jars and such but I wasn’t sure if this would work on plastic.  I warm my chocolates in glass measuring bowls in the microwave and then pour them into the bottles to use them but the chocolate has to be rewarmed occasionally and this gets to be time consuming.  So, any advice on this would be greatly appreciated...thanks!

2 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 5 Mar 2020 , 6:02pm
post #2 of 3

It’s been y.e.a.r.s! since I’ve worked with chocolate but I used to use a heating pad to keep my chocolate warm You can lay plastic squeeze bottles on their side rather than standing them up

sweetooth94 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetooth94 Posted 5 Mar 2020 , 6:49pm
post #3 of 3

AHHH... I just did a cake decorating class last month with a chocolate ganache drip.  I took my crockpot to the church hall where I held my class. I was there early setting up, so I put warm water in the pot, turned the pot on "warm" and put the bottles in there - keeping the lid off since the bottles were taller than the pot.  They sat in the corner of the room until we needed them at the end for the drip part.  It worked PERFECTLY!  And no harm to the squeeze bottles.  I'm sure if you notice the water was too warm, you could turn the pot down to "warm" instead of "low".  

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%