Pre Made Cake Pops

Baking By Sobhk Updated 5 Mar 2020 , 6:44pm by SandraSmiley

Sobhk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sobhk Posted 3 Mar 2020 , 6:00pm
post #1 of 5

Hello all,

I had a question about cake pops. I got a request to make 300 cake pops individually packed for July 1st. I’m going out if town on June 27th. 

My question is can I go ahead and accept the order and make the cake pops and package them in advance. If I were to do this how do I store them? 

Pic of how they would be packaged  

4 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 3 Mar 2020 , 9:20pm
post #2 of 5

To pkg them I'd get small clear plastic bags & use a fancy ribbon or such to close them.  Can you do them in advance...….I'd say yes.  Years ago I did some for  Halloween some as much as 10 in advance and never heard anything about them not being o.k...….didn't taste them myself.  You might try making a few now to see how long they least.  As for storing - I kept mine at room temp.  Guess it might depend on the icing you use

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 4 Mar 2020 , 2:33am
post #3 of 5

Who else has anything to add her

inthekitchen2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
inthekitchen2 Posted 5 Mar 2020 , 4:47pm
post #4 of 5

I'd think they'd be okay. I once left a cake pop on my rack uncovered, it was extra, that I forgot about. I tasted it a week later, and it tasted just as good as day one. I would say with anything, to do a test. You have plenty of time now to make it, wrap how plan to, and let set X amount of days and try it. There you will have your answer. 

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 5 Mar 2020 , 6:44pm
post #5 of 5

For that many cake pops that far in advance, I would start making them now and freeze them until a few days prior to the event.  Just prior to the event, I would thaw, insert sticks, dip in chocolate, and put in cute plastic bags with a bow (as suggested by kakeladi).  I hate being rushed, so am a big fan of using the freezer as a helper.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%