Chocolate Buttercream

Decorating By MominSC Updated 6 Oct 2005 , 5:11am by melissablack

MominSC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MominSC Posted 5 Oct 2005 , 7:40pm
post #1 of 5

I attempted to make Chocolate butter cream...I am needing it to make "black" icing...but it did not turn out right. It was like a bunch of little balls??? Is there someone here who can give me a good recipe or tell me what I did wrong?? TIA

Beth

4 replies
Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 5 Oct 2005 , 7:44pm
post #2 of 5

Do you have any of the Wilton Yearbooks.They have a great chocolate BC recipe in all their books.

Make the simple BC white recipe....add 3/4 cup of cocoa or 3 squares of bakers semi sweet chocolate melted...and an additional 1-2 tsps of milk.

I've used this before and it is really good!!

Hope that helps!

MrsMissey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMissey Posted 5 Oct 2005 , 8:28pm
post #3 of 5

If using cocoa powder, I found it is best to sift it first.....otherwise, there little clumps in the icing! ..and this is advice coming from someone who hates to sift!!

sdfgarcia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sdfgarcia Posted 6 Oct 2005 , 1:22am
post #4 of 5

I agree with Miss Missy - sift that stuff! Also, you may not have quite enough liquid in your icing. You'll need to add extra milk or water - maybe as much as a TBS, depending on how big your icing batch is.

melissablack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melissablack Posted 6 Oct 2005 , 5:11am
post #5 of 5

I use the chocolate buttercream from the wilton website, and it is really good. I used the 3/4 cup of cocoa and added more milk 'till it was the right consistency, maybe that was your problem?

Melissaicon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%